JSR Paper Development Workshop
Zoom event by the Journal of Service Research and Macquarie Business School, 25-26 Mar 2021; Deadline 1 Mar
Author: Riza Casidy
Journal of Service Research (JSR)
Paper Development Workshop
March 25th – 26th 2021
Hosted by: Department of Marketing, Macquarie Business School via Zoom
The editor of the Journal of Service Research (JSR) invites applications for a paper development workshop (PDW) to be held on March 25th – 26h, 2021 via Zoom, hosted and organized by the Department of Marketing, Macquarie Business School, Sydney, Australia. The interactive workshop will be led by the JSR Editor-in-Chief, Professor Michael K. Brady. Application deadline is March 1st, 2021. Decisions will be communicated by March 15th, 2021.
- Provide prospective authors with an understanding of what JSR seeks to publish (international and multidisciplinary perspective, focusing on best management practices in the service domain).
- Provide prospective authors with an understanding of issues that might lead to rejection (initial or later round) of a paper.
- Encourage pre-submission interaction between JSR editor and potential authors towards alignment of manuscripts with JSR priorities.
- Establish a forum for editor to work with prospective authors on manuscripts that are in progress (working papers).
- Support networking between scholars in the service domain and sharing of ideas.
- To allow for effective idea and paper development, the number of participants will be limited to a maximum of 10 papers. Participation in the PDW is by application only.
- Inclusion evaluation will focus on potential benefit for the author as well as the potential of the research to make significant theoretical and meaningful contributions to the field of marketing.
- The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line indicating “JSR PDW”. Please include the following (in one single PDF file):
- Cover letter indicating status of the paper (completed manuscript, additional data collection planned, etc.), research question, and intended contribution.
- Full working paper
- Curriculum Vitae (of author planning to attend workshop)
About the Host
Macquarie Business School is Australia’s leading business school and research centre, having celebrated over 50 years of business education. The Department of Marketing at Macquarie Business School has internationally recognised researchers publishing in leading journals and engaging in wide-ranging partnerships with business organisations. The core research areas in the Department of Marketing are on market-based strategy, innovation, customer experience, and organisational frontline. Sharing our knowledge with a wider audience is also a priority: the department engages with industry and government and holds regular seminars, contributing to public discourse through expert commentary featured in print, radio and online media.