New Co-Editors at IJRM

Introduction

Renana Peres, David Schweidel and Alina Sorescu will join Intl J Res Mar EiC Martin Schreier as Co-Editors

POSTING TYPE: Journal News

Author: Roland T. Rust

IJRM Announces New Co-Editors

Martin Schreier (WU Vienna, Austria), the Editor-in-Chief-Elect of the International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM), has announced the team of Co-Editors that will join him in leading the journal, beginning in Summer 2021. They are Renana Peres (Hebrew University, Israel), David Schweidel (Emory University, U.S.), and Alina Sorescu (Texas A&M, U.S.). The new Co-Editor team reflects the international, multi-method, big-tent positioning of IJRM.

Renana Peres is Associate Professor of Marketing at the School of Business Administration at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Her research deals with the interplay of consumer interactions in social networks, brands, new product growth, and firm’s intangible metrics. She uses methodologies such as agent based models, image processing, content analysis, machine learning, and diffusion models. She earned her BSc. And MSc in Physics. She has published her works in the Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, Marketing Science, IJRM, Scientific Reports, PhysicaA, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, and the Journal of Computational Neuroscience. She has been serving as co-editor of IJRM already since Fall 2020 and she is a member of the Editorial Review Board of the Journal of Marketing Research and Journal of Marketing. Renana is the Founding CEO of Persay Ltd, an Israeli high-tech firm focusing on development and implementation of algorithms for voice –based recognition.

David Schweidel is Professor of Marketing at Emory University’s Goizueta Business School. His research focuses on customer and social media analytics. He has published in journals including Marketing Science, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, and IJRM. He serves as an Associate Editor at the Journal of Marketing and is a member of the editorial boards of Marketing Science, Journal of Marketing Research and IJRM. David’s research on social media has been a finalist for best paper and long-term impact awards from the Journal of Marketing Research and Marketing Science.

Alina Sorescu is Professor of Marketing and holder of the Paula and Steve Letbetter’ 70 Chair in Business at Texas A&M University’s Mays Business School. Her research focuses on innovation, business models, product portfolio decisions, branding, acquisitions and alliances, and measuring the financial value of marketing actions. Her research appears in journals such as Marketing Science, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Retailing and others. Alina serves as an Associate Editor of the Journal of Marketing, where she was twice recognized with the best reviewer award and of the IJRM; she also currently serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Marketing Research, Marketing Science, and the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. Alina’s research has been selected as a finalist for the Paul Green Award for the best article published in the Journal of Marketing Research and she has won several research awards including the Strategic Management Society conference on Big Bang Innovation Best Research Award.

IJRM is the flagship journal of the European Marketing Academy (EMAC), is widely considered the top non-US-based marketing journal, and is rated as a top-tier journal in most countries.  IJRM has more than doubled its impact factor in recent years, and is currently enjoying a record number of new submissions.