Young Scholar Research Competition
Sponsored by the Organizational Frontlines Interest Group; Deadline 15 Dec 2020
INTEREST CATEGORY: SERVICE
POSTING TYPE: Revisits
Author: Todd Arnold
Organizational Frontlines† Interest Group announces…
5th Annual Young Scholar Research (YSR) Competition
Continuing the Progress Despite Disruption*#
*The OF Interest Group has held a research symposium to precede the AMA Winter Educators conference for the past several years. This year, due to Covid-19 challenges, the 2021 symposium is cancelled. In an effort to continue to advance OF research and engage OF community in these trying times, the YSR competition will continue and the prize ceremony will be held remotely.
#In addition to our regular YSR competition, we are announcing in a separate flyer a special themed competition in partnership with the Journal of Service Research and the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science titled “Frontlines-in-Crisis.” The theme is broad and concerns issues that range from how frontlines involve critical capabilities in fast-changing environments to how frontlines are challenged by unprecedented market disruptions (please refer separate announcement).
Submissions (15-page limit) are invited by December 15, 2020 that…
- Address any topic of frontlines interest, broadly defined (please specify submission as YSR or “Frontlines-in Crisis” when submitting article.
- Are authored or Co-authored by Doctoral Student or Assistant Professor (< 3 years from graduation) – if co-authored, Young Scholar must be lead researcher.
- 15 pages (maximum, all-inclusive), double spaced detailing research questions & significance, theory & hypotheses, research design/methodology, and (expected) results
- Papers accepted for publication or at advanced stages of review (2nd, 3rd round, etc.) are not
- Multiple Awards, cash prize of $1000 each, and Recognition from OF community.
- Finalists will be honored virtually in a recognition ceremony involving invited, prominent OF scholars. Presentation date February 18, 2021.
- Access to OFR network to support research. Priority invitation to future OFR Symposia.
- Deadline for submission: December 15, 2020 with winners notified by January, 2021.
Submissions (and questions or requests for clarification) should be sent via email to Todd Arnold at Oklahoma State University (email@example.com).
†Organizational Frontlines (OF) is the study of interactions and interfaces at the point-of-contact between an organization and its customers that promote, facilitate, or enable value creation and exchange. Technological advances at the intersection of frontline interactions and interfaces are disrupting how organizations connect with their customers.
Supported by… ● Center for Services Leadership (ASU), ● Center for Sales Excellence at the University of Nebraska, ● Stephen Stagner Sales Excellence Institute at the University of Houston, ● Groningen Digital Business Centre at the University of Groningen, ● Center for Business Analytics, McIntire School of Commerce, University of Virginia, ● Reynolds & Reynolds Sales Leadership Institute, Texas A&M University, and ● Center for Sales and Service Excellence, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University