Dictionary of Coronavirus Culture
Live stream event, 19:00 BST [UTC +1] 29 Oct 2020
Author: Alan Bradshaw
Join Søren Askegaard, Norah Campbell, Gianna M. Eckhardt, Joel Hietanen, Douglas Holt and Craig Thompson to launch The Dictionary of Coronavirus Culture, a new ebook collection presenting an A-Z on consumption in crisis.
The event will be streamed live on YouTube on Thursday October 29 at 7:00pm BST here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dk3ZZzLCv8
Taking everyday terms that capture the experience of lockdown — like chocolate, streaming, ageing, health, clapping, social distancing, dystopia, and frontline workers — and a range of writers, theorists, and academics, it provides unusually accessible and friendly analysis of our shared historic moment.
The Dictionary of Coronavirus Culture, edited by Alan Bradshaw and Joel Hietanen is designed to help us come to terms with what COVID-19 and the associated lockdowns mean for us and the world around.
- Søren Askegaard is Professor of Marketing at the University of Southern Denmark.
- Norah Campbell is Lecturer in critical marketing at Trinity College Dublin.
- Gianna M.Eckhardt is Professor of Marketing at Royal Holloway University of London.
- Joel Hietanen is Associate Professor at the University of Helsinki.
- Douglas Holt is Honorary Professor at Royal Holloway and Founder and President of the Cultural Strategy Group and was formerly a Professor at Harvard Business School and the University of Oxford.
- Craig Thompson is the Bascom Professor in Marketing and the Gilbert and Helen Churchill Professor in the Marketing Department of the Wisconsin School of Business.