Socially Responsible Business Models
For International Brands, Edited book; Abstract deadline 30 Apr 2021
INTEREST CATEGORY: MARKETING AND SOCIETY
POSTING TYPE: Calls: Other
Author: Suraksha Gupta
Call for Chapters
Book Title: Socially Responsible Business Models for International Brands
Publisher: World Scientific Press (to be published under the Emerging Issues in International Business and Global Strategy Series)
Publication Date: July to October 2022
Editors: Prof. Suraksha Gupta (Newcastle University London), Dr. Parth Patel (Newcastle University, UK/Australian Institute of Business, Adelaide), and Dr. Arijit De (Newcastle University, UK/OPTYM India Pvt. Ltd).
Summary: In the last decade, the global business environment has gone through a major transformation aiming for retrieving more useful information and knowledge to address the social and environmental challenges (e.g. inequality, poverty, pollution, climate change) of our times. Although this presence is felt throughout the world, emerging economies are being more severely impacted due to their widening socioeconomic gaps, weak institutions, poor infrastructure, and slow pace of economic growth, thus increasing the threat of these problems and challenges. As a result, both, domestic and international firms operating in emerging markets are being pressured to change their business and managerial practices and operations towards development while being socially responsive and sustainable. In this context, the notion of socially responsible business is gaining relevance as part of the United Nations’ (UN) Sustainable Development Goals. Despite the growing importance of these challenges, the theory and practice of socially responsible businesses in the context of emerging markets are still very underdeveloped. Based on the scholarly literature, insights from practice, and framed by the global agenda, this book aims to provide rich, comprehensive, and contemporary insights into the socially responsible business models of international brands and firms operating in emerging markets.
Call for Chapters: You are welcome to contribute a chapter of 5000 to 6000 words (including references and appendix) on any of the following themes:
- Socially responsible accounting & finance
- Socially responsible marketing, advertising & sales
- Socially responsible entrepreneurship
- Socially responsible human resources
- Socially responsible supply chain, logistics & operations
- Socially responsible ethics and corporate governance
- Socially responsible international business & trade
- Socially responsible economics & politics
- Socially responsible information technology
Your chapter may adopt any of the following approaches:
- Socially responsible business models in developing (emerging) and/or developed countries.
- Socially responsible business models in various industries (i.e. manufacturing, services, etc.)
- Comparative studies and cross-national investigations on the socially responsible business model context.
- Theoretical literature reviews, meta-analysis, and conceptual pieces relating to socially responsible business models.
- Quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-method approaches to socially responsible business models.
- Case studies on socially responsible business models (The editors are particularly looking for this contribution)
- Receiving abstracts from authors – April 30, 2021
- Draft chapter – September 30, 2021
- Reviewer comments – November 30, 2021
- Final chapter – March 28, 2022
- Final draft of the book to be submitted to the publisher – June/July 2022
- Book publication – October 2022.
Please get in touch with either of the co-editors by sending an email to – email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
If you are interested, please email the following information:
- A tentative idea about your topic related to any of the above sub-themes of the book.
- A sentence or two about your chapter title/topic by December 31st.
- Please also add details of your institutional affiliation and ORCID number.
- Please also be ready to provide an abstract of 150-200 words by April 30, 2021.