JAMS Paper Development Workshop
by Charles Hofacker
Hosted by the Department of Marketing, Macquarie Business School, Zoom, 24-25 Sep 2020; Deadline 1 Jul
Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science (JAMS)
Paper Development Workshop
September 24th – 25th 2020
Hosted by: Department of Marketing, Macquarie Business School via Zoom
The editor of the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science (JAMS) invites applications for a paper development workshop (PDW) to be held on September 24th – 25th, 2020 via Zoom, hosted and organized by the Department of Marketing, Macquarie Business School, Sydney, Australia. The interactive workshop will be led by the JAMS Editor-in-Chief, Professor John Hulland. Application deadline is July 1st, 2020. Decisions will be communicated by July 31st, 2020.
- Provide prospective authors with an understanding of what JAMS seeks to publish (meaningful and rigorous scholarly work, focusing on managerial questions in the marketing domain).
- Provide prospective authors with an understanding of issues that might lead to rejection (initial or later round) of a paper.
- Encourage pre-submission interaction between JAMS editor and potential authors towards alignment of manuscripts with JAMS priorities.
- Establish a forum for editor to work with prospective authors on manuscripts that are in progress (working papers).
- Support networking between scholars in the marketing domain and sharing of ideas.
- To allow for effective idea and paper development, the number of participants will be limited to a maximum of 15 authors. Participation in the PDW is by application only.
- Inclusion evaluation will focus on potential benefit for the author as well as the potential of the research to make significant theoretical and meaningful contributions to the field of marketing.
- The application should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line indicating “JAMS PDW”. Please include the following (in one single PDF file):
- Cover letter indicating status of the paper (completed manuscript, additional data collection planned, etc.), research question, and intended contribution.
- Full working paper
- Curriculum Vitae (of author planning to attend workshop)
About the Host
Macquarie Business School is Australia’s leading business school and research centre, having celebrated over 50 years of business education. The Department of Marketing at Macquarie Business School has internationally recognised researchers publishing in leading journals and engaging in wide-ranging partnerships with business organisations. The core research areas in the Department of Marketing are on market-based strategy, innovation, customer experience, and organisational frontline. Sharing our knowledge with a wider audience is also a priority: the department engages with industry and government and holds regular seminars, contributing to public discourse through expert commentary featured in print, radio and online media.