MSI Scholars 2020
The Marketing Science Institute invites nominations for this opportunity for mid-career academics; Deadline 29 Mar 2020
POSTING TYPE: AWARDS
Author: Sherry Pincus
The Marketing Science Institute (MSI) is pleased to invite nominations for the 2020 MSI Scholars Program.
The MSI Scholars Program was established in 2018 to bring together a select group of mid-career level academics, with the purpose of recognizing individuals’ excellence in scholarship, developing a cohort across marketing disciplines, and strengthening ties between scholars and MSI.
Scholars who are selected for the 2020 Scholars Class will be invited to a multi-day conference retreat in Charleston, South Carolina, August 3–6, 2020. Over four days, the class will participate in the following activities:
- Individual research presentations that offer opportunities for future study that could benefit from academic-practitioner collaboration;
- Integrative exercises building upon participant presentations, focusing on how MSI can better serve the academic field, and how the field can help MSI and its members;
- Excursions, networking, and opportunities for cohort building.
Eligible faculty must apply in order to be considered for the MSI Scholars program. Submissions will be accepted through March 29th, 2020,
and MSI and the Scholars Committee will then select approximately 30 individuals representing diverse research perspectives from this pool of applicants to participate in the 2020 Scholars Conference.
ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION PROCESS
Eligible academics for the MSI Scholars program will be mid-career level researchers, specifically those scholars at or on the cusp of full professor, who received their Ph.D.s between 2006 and 2010. They should have a keen understanding of the importance of academic-practitioner partnerships and be prepared to share ideas for practical application.
Consistent with Scholars’ advanced standing in the field, MSI strongly encourages self-nominations by eligible scholars.
Along with a curriculum vitae (CV), the application must include a 1-2 page summary of the translational implications of the applicant’s past and future research for MSI’s research priorities, business practice, and industry trends.
Applications are due on March 29th, 2020 and can be submitted here. MSI encourages you to identify eligible scholars and suggest that they apply for submission to the 2020 Scholars Class. Please note that submissions are self-nomination and application forms must be completed by the eligible scholar.
The MSI Scholars will be selected by the Scholars Committee, and participation will be limited to approximately 30 individuals from the pool of applicants.
Selection is highly competitive and will consider:
- Field service and leadership
- Citations and impact
- Research productivity and quality
- Relevance of research to the MSI member community
In selecting the 2020 class of MSI Scholars, the committee will seek a balance across the various sub-fields in marketing, and applications are open to other disciplines where appropriate (e.g., economics, statistics, psychology, and computer science).
Selections will be made by May 1st, 2020 at which time all applicants will receive notification from MSI and the Scholars Committee regarding their application for the Scholars Class of 2020. Selected scholars will be asked to pay a registration fee of $500 to partially offset expenses.
MSI SCHOLARS COMMITTEE
- Christine Moorman, Duke University; Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Marketing
- Rajdeep Grewal, University of North Carolina; Co-editor for the Journal of Marketing Research
- K. Sudhir, Yale University; Editor-in-Chief of Marketing Science
- Jeffrey Inman, University of Pittsburgh; Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Consumer Research
- Carl Mela, Duke University
- Barbara Kahn, The Wharton School; Executive Director, Marketing Science Institute
- Earl Taylor, Marketing Science Institute
- Sherry Pincus, Marketing Science Institute
Research Program Director
Marketing Science Institute