by Charles Hofacker
The deadline for these awards is 10 Apr 2020
Author: Marie Yeh
The MASSIG Lifetime Achievement Award
Winners of this annual award have contributed a significant body of work in developing and advancing research in the Marketing and Society, Public Policy, and/or the Marketing Ethics arenas. This award is given to individuals who exemplify outstanding scholarship in these fields. Previous year’s winners include Craig Andrews (2019), Jerome Williams (2018), Mike Mazis (2017), David Stewart (2015), Debra Scammon (2014, Ronald Paul Hill (2013), Gene R. Laczniak (2012), Patrick E. Murphy (2011), Paul Bloom (2010), William L. Wilkie (2009) and Alan Andreasen (2008).
Please consider honoring one of our own for this prestigious award! Nomination details are below.
MASSIG Emerging Scholar Award
This award recognizes a marketing academic in the early stages of his or her career who has made significant contributions to research advancing the study of marketing and societal issues. Previous winners include: Kelly Martin (2012), Beth Vallen (2013), Maura Scott (2014), Justine Rapp (2015), Brennan Davis (2016), Martin Mendes (2017),Christopher Newman (2018) and Stacey Finkelstein (2019).
MASSIG Awards Deadlines April 10, 2020
- Lifetime Achievement Nominees should have made a significant contribution to research advancing the study of marketing and societal issues throughout their career and demonstrate significance, innovation and methodological rigor that substantively has advanced our understanding of these issues.
- Emerging Scholar Nominees should be early in their career progression (within the first 10 years of their career). Nominations should demonstrate the nominee’s contribution to significant problems, innovation, methodological rigor and the potential to substantially advance understanding of an issue addressed.
To submit a nomination for either award, please provide the following:
- A letter of nomination (self-nominations are accepted)
- A current C.V. for the nominated scholar
- Up to 3 reprints of scholarly papers representative of the nominee’s contributions
All materials need to be submitted electronically by emailing them to Marie A. Yeh, Communications Chair for the MASSIG at email@example.com
Winners will be determined by a panel which includes previous winners and other distinguished academics appointed by Beth Vallen, President of the MASSIG.
Please submit nominations by: April 10, 2020.