Mathew Joseph Award
by Jennifer Locander
DocSIG invites applications for the Mathew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award; Deadline 1 Apr 2020
2020 Mathew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award
AMA DocSIG invites all doctoral students to apply for the 2020 Mathew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award.
Deadline for applicants: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST
The American Marketing Association’s Doctoral Student Special Interest Group (DocSIG) welcomes applications for the Matthew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award. This award honors a doctoral student scholar who displays exemplary scholarship and a bright future in the marketing discipline. Nominees (self-nominees welcomed) must meet the following criteria:
- Be a doctoral student or candidate in marketing in good standing at an AACSB university.
- Demonstrated research productivity (e.g., presented a conference paper, published a peer-reviewed paper). Doing so at an AMA conference or journal is plus.
- Be a member of the American Marketing Association (AMA) at the time of application.
Applications must be in one .pdf document including:
- Cover letter as to why the nominee would be an ideal recipient of the emerging scholar award, including a statement regarding his/her personal research stream.
- Current curriculum vitae (including a record of publications).
- (Self-nominees only): One signed recommendation letter from your dissertation chair or a tenured faculty to attest to the nominee’s research impact and contribution to scholarship.
All applications will be evaluated by a panel of three (3) marketing scholar judges and must be received by the due date and time listed above. To apply, please email one .pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Jennifer Locander (email@example.com) with any questions.
The winner will receive a plaque, an award of $250, and free registration to the 2020 AMA Summer Educators’ Conference. The winner will be notified by mid-June and should be present at the conference in order to receive the award.