Sport, Entertainment, Tourism and Hospitality
by Diane Edmondson
Marketing Brands and Experiences, Special issue of Journal of Managerial Issues; Deadline 1 Feb 2020
CALL FOR PAPERS
Journal of Managerial Issues
Special Issue: “Marketing Brands and Experiences in Sport, Entertainment, Tourism and Hospitality”
DUE DATE FOR SUBMISSION: FEBRUARY 1, 2020
Expected Publication: Early to Mid 2021
- Don Roy, Middle Tennessee State University (Don.Roy@mtsu.edu)
- Raj Srivastava, Middle Tennessee State University (email@example.com)
- Diane R. Edmondson, Middle Tennessee State University (Diane.Edmondson@mtsu.edu)
Journal of Managerial Issues (JMI) is pleased to announce a special issue in collaboration with the 2019 Society for Marketing Advances Conference.
This special issue aims to disseminate recent theoretical and empirical work that further contributes to the study of the marketing of brands and experiences in the sport, entertainment, tourism, and hospitality sectors. A non-exhaustive list of possible topic areas include:
- Building and maintaining long-term customer relationships
- Social media strategies for branding and relationship building
- Effects of artificial intelligence on customer experience and satisfaction
- Use of digital communication channels to complement direct consumption experience
- Mobile marketing strategies and tactics for engagement
- Role of innovation in creating competitive advantage
- Pricing strategies that strike balance between revenue maximization and customer satisfaction
- Developing an organizational culture to support customer-focused practices
Submission guidelines: Manuscripts must not exceed 25 double-spaced pages in length with 1” margins and 12-point font. The page limit includes text pages, references, tables, and figures (cover page and abstract are not counted). Submissions to the special issue should be sent electronically in Microsoft Word format to Don Roy (Don.Roy@mtsu.edu), Raj Srivastava (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Diane Edmondson (email@example.com).
All submissions are subject to the standard double-blind review process. Manuscripts must be original, unpublished works not concurrently under review for publication at another outlet and are expected to follow the standard formatting guidelines for JMI.
- Acceptances at the “Tourism, Hospitality, Food, Music, and Sports Marketing” track of the 2019 Society for Marketing Advances Conference does not guarantee acceptance for the special issue.
- Submission to or attendance at SMA is not imperative for manuscript submission to this special issue.
- The standard administrative fee of $100 for JMI for papers accepted into the special issue will apply. This minimal fee helps support the costs of publishing JMI. In addition, the standard fee of $30 per page over the 25-page manuscript limit will also apply. Maximum page length of manuscript is 35 pages.
Questions regarding the special issue may be addressed to the guest editors.