Revisit: GMC 2020
Publication opportunity with Journal of Macromarketing at the Global Marketing Conference, Seoul, 9-12 Jul 2020; Deadline 15 Jan
Sustainability: Challenges, Frameworks and Insights from Asia
Special Issue of the Journal of Macromarketing
Much of the discourse on sustainability has been from a US or European perspective. This special issue welcomes papers that come from a different perspective, traditions and environments. We welcome papers that can contribute to the theories in and around sustainability.
Authors should be familiar with the extant discourse in Macromarketing, so their contribution can be positioned with regard that discourse. Particular attention should be paid to previous special issues regarding sustainability and papers on the dominant paradigm.
The 2020 Global Marketing Conference at Seoul (https://2020gamma.imweb.me/) has created a special track called ‘Sustainability: Challenges, Frameworks and Insights from Asia’ that seeks manuscripts that explore following research topics which might include, but are not limited to:
- Frameworks for sustainable business, at the aggregate level.
- Consumers’ responses to sustainability, at a societal level.
- Drivers of sustainability in business and/or consumers
- Challenges for sustainability and the system that creates it.
- Successful sustainability initiatives and the system that supports it.
- Barriers to behaviour change and suggestions of how to overcome them.
- Greenwashing, and other sustainability claims from companies, and consumers’ responses, trust in corporate sustainability claims
- The tension between environmental, social and economic goals in a marketing system
Extended Abstract Submission Deadline: January 15th, 2020
– Authors should submit their extended abstracts to the Track Chairs of ‘Sustainability: Challenges, Frameworks and Insights from Asia’ at the 2020 GMC at Seoul to be qualified for the formal full-paper submission to this Special Issue of Journal of Macromarketing.
– Extended abstract should be submitted through the submission system of ‘2020 GMC at Seoul (https://2020gamma.imweb.me/22).
– Submission Guidelines of the extended abstract to 2020 GMC at Seoul can be found at:
– Track Chairs:
Full Paper Submission Deadline: August 15th, 2020
– Only the papers that are accepted, registered, and presented at the 2020 GMC at Seoul will be eligible for the full-paper submission.
– The track chair will select the best papers presented at ‘Sustainability: Challenges, Frameworks and Insights from Asia’ of 2020 GMC at Seoul and invite the authors to submit their full papers to the Special Issue of Journal of Macromarketing on ‘Sustainability: Challenges, Frameworks and Insights from Asia’ for the formal review.
– All papers should be formatted according to the Journal of Macromarketing Submission Guidelines and submitted through the submission system of this journal (https://journals.sagepub.com/home/jmk). Please also note in the cover letter that the submission is for the Special Issue on ‘Sustainability: Challenges, Frameworks and Insights from Asia’ based on the 2020 GMC extended abstract.
– All selected full papers are subject to the formal double blinded review process of the Journal of Macromarketing. The invitation to submit a full paper does not guarantee either its final acceptance or publication.
For More Information:
Guest Editors of Special Issue of Journal of Macromarketing on Sustainability: Challenges, Frameworks and Insights from Asia
Prof. Ben Wooliscroft (Auckland University of Technology), email@example.com
Prof. Eunju Ko (Yonsei University), firstname.lastname@example.org