Emerging Service Scholar Award
SERVSIG calls for nominations for its and the University of Porto's Emerging Service Scholar Award; Deadline 15 Jan 2020
We would like to request nominations for
SERVSIG Emerging Service Scholar Award 2020
granted by the University of Porto
SERVSIG and the University of Porto are proud to present the Emerging Service Scholar Award. This award recognizes contributions to advancing the study of service research, and will be given annually to honor the contributions of a researcher in the earlier stages of his or her academic career. The SERVSIG Emerging Service Scholar Award was launched in 2015 and will be presented at the 29th Frontiers in Service Conference in Boston. The award includes a cash prize of $1000 (is sponsored by the University of Porto), plaque and spotlight features on the SERVSIG website & newsletter and other publications.
Recipients of the SERVSIG Emerging Service Scholar Award should have their doctoral degree up to 10 years prior to the year of the award or be nominated for the award in the last two years. Other eligibility issues:
- Candidates for a SERVSIG Award do not have to be a member of SERVSIG or the AMA to be eligible to win.
- Candidates may be from anywhere in the world. Since its inception, SERVSIG has sought to be globally oriented and globally active.
SERVSIG would like to thank the following members for their willingness to serve on this year’s committee:
- Chair: Jan Schumann, Germany
- Nancy Siriani, USA – (Previous winner, year -2)
- Jorge Grenha Teixeira, Portugal
- Nichola Robertson, Australia
- Taeshik Gong, South Korea
Each year, SERVSIG appoints a panel of scholars to serve as the selection committee. The panel solicits nominations from the service community and selects the recipient of the award. Criteria to be used to determine contribution include innovation, methodological rigor, and both current impact and future potential to substantially advance service research.
To nominate a candidate for the award, nominators should provide:
- A nomination letter (two pages maximum length; self-nominations are not eligible).
- A current vita for the nominated scholar or a web link to an online vita.
- No more than three publications representative of the nominee’s contributions.
- All material needs to be submitted electronically.
If you would like to nominate someone for the Emerging Scholar Award please email the committee chair: Jan Schumann email@example.com no later than January 15th, 2020.
We look forward to receiving your nominations soon!
Linda Alkire and Bart Larivière