Corporate Social Responsibility
Fordham Gabelli School of Business/PVH Corp Global Thought Leadership Grants; Deadline 15 Jan 2020
Call for Research Proposals on Corporate Social Responsibility
Fordham University’s Gabelli School of Business is inviting research applications for Gabelli School of Business – PVH Corp Global Thought Leadership Grant. This co-branded grant targets at research topics on challenges and opportunities in corporate social responsibility (CSR). It will support academic research that is practically relevant and contributes to the academic literature. The purpose is to raise awareness of CSR as a research area, enable the field of CSR to gain more visibility, determine key priorities through academic research, and engage conversations between academia and practitioners.
The grant will award two research projects in academic year 2019/2020, with each project receiving $30,000 upfront and an additional bonus of $20,000 upon publication in a top top-tier FT-listed journal. Payments will be made directly to the recipients. This grant does not in any way preclude subsequent publication of the research in the journals of the recipients’ choices. The recipients should agree to acknowledge this grant in all publications and presentations and travel to New York to present the research at the annual Business and Sustainability conference at Fordham University’s Gabelli School of Business.
The grant is funded by the Gabelli School of Business – PVH Corp partnership. Fordham University’s Gabelli School of Business is the only Jesuit business school in New York City. The Mission of the School is to inspire and empower positive global change; developing students into compassionate business leaders and supporting faculty and students in the ongoing generation of new knowledge. Its vision is to become a world leader in social innovation by inspiring and equipping its graduates to be business leaders who understand the challenges in sustainability facing businesses and the potential of harnessing the power of social responsibility for both financial success and societal impact. PVH Corp is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world. Its brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, TOMMY HILFIGER, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo, Warner’s, Olga and Geoffrey Beene brands, as well as the digital-centric True & Co. intimates brand. Its vision is to drive fashion forward for good. It commits to investing in areas around sustainability, including a nimble and responsive supply chain and further investments.
SUBMISSION DETAILS: Proposals should contain a detailed outline of the research and an explanation of its contribution to both the academic and industry, including:
- A cover page with title, names of authors, addresses and affiliation;
- An abstract of up to 150 words;
- A statement of the research objectives and contributions;
- A detailed description of the research method and expected results;
- A proposed timetable for completing the paper;
- A copy of (each) researcher’s resume;
SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE: A scientific committee will select the winners from the submitted proposals. The committee members are:
- Ms. Melanie Steiner, Chief Risk Officer, PVH Corp.
- Ms. Christina Alfandary, Managing Director, GAMCO Investors, Inc.
- Ms. Christina Alfonso Ercan, CEO, Madeira Global
- Dr. Lerzan Aksoy, Professor of Marketing, Fordham University
- Dr. Rajdeep Grewal, Townsend Family Distinguished Professor of Marketing, University of North Carolina
- Dr. Yongtae Kim, Robert and Barbara McCullough Professor of Accounting, Santa Clara University
- Dr. Chen Lin, Stelux Professor of Finance, Hong Kong University
- Dr. Don Siegel, Foundation Professor of Public Policy and Management, Arizona State University
- Dr. An Yan, Professor of Finance, Fordham University
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should submit their proposals to Dr. An Yan (email@example.com) and Ms. Josefina Kocovic (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 15, 2020. Decisions will be made before March 15, 2020.