Vithala R. Rao Award
Vithala R. Rao Award for Ground Breaking Paper Published at Customer Needs and Solutions; Deadline 30 Jun 2019
Call for Nomination for 2019 Vithala R. Rao Award for Ground Breaking Paper Published at Customer Needs and Solutions (CNS)
In honor of Vithala’ R. Rao’s retirement and his contribution to Customer Needs and Solutions (CNS), CNS has established the Vithala R. Rao Award for Ground Breaking Paper Published at CNS (see details of the award and its selection process at the end of this announcement).
The 2019 Award Selection Committee is chaired by Josh Eliashberg (Wharton), and include Eric Bradlow (Wharton), Pradeep Chintagunta (Chicago), Kamel Jedidi (Columbia), and Vithala Rao (Cornell). The 2019 award will be presented to the winning authors in August in Chicago during Vithala R. Rao’s retirement symposium.
Please send a short nomination letter to Min Ding, EIC, at email@example.com. The deadline for nominating a paper for the 2019 Vithala R. Rao Award is June 30, 2019.
Vithala R. Rao Award for Ground Breaking Paper Published at Customer Needs and Solutions
Vithala R. Rao is the Deane Malott Professor of Management and professor of marketing and quantitative methods at the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management. He is one of the founding Senior Editors of Customer Needs and Solutions (CNS) and has been instrumental in its inception and success.
The Vithala R. Rao Award is established in his honor on the occasion of his retirement in 2019. The Award will be given annually to a paper published in CNS that has been deemed to have made ground breaking contribution to the studies of customer needs and solutions. All papers that have been published in the CNS will be eligible for this award each year.
The Selection Process:
- Members of the editorial boards and authors of CNS each can nominate one paper
- The EIC, in consultation with one or more SE, will select top 3-5 papers based on nominations for the Award Committee to evaluate.
- The EIC will appoint the chair of the Award Committee each year, who will then appoint three additional members, plus Vithala R. Rao (or his designated representative).
- Committee members vote iteratively until one paper receives majority votes.
- Only the Winning Paper will be announced from this process.