Journal of Marketing News – Nov 2018
Webinars, a Wikipedia, and more, from JM
Journal of Marketing News – November 2018
Recently Published Articles: November 2018 Articles (see all articles in advance here)
– Selling the Premium in Freemium, by Xian Gu, P.K. Kannan, and Liye Ma
– The Long Reach of Sponsorship: How Fan Isolation and Identification Jointly Shape Sponsorship Performance, by Marc Mazodier, Conor M. Henderson, and Joshua T. Beck
– The New Product Portfolio Innovativeness–Stock Returns Relationship: The Role of Large Individual Investors’ Culture, by Paola Cillo, David A. Griffith, and Gaia Rubera
– Sales Force Downsizing and Firm Idiosyncratic Risk: The Contingent Role of Investors’ Screening and Firm’s Signaling Processes, by Nikolaos G. Panagopoulos, Ryan Mullins, and Panagiotis Avramidis
– Scheduling Content on Social Media: Theory, Evidence and Application, by Vamsi K. Kanuri, Yixing Chen, and Shrihari (Hari) Sridhar
– Swayed by the Numbers: The Consequences of Displaying Product Review Attributes, by Jared Watson, Anastasiya Pocheptsova Ghosh, and Michael Trusov
– How Consumers’ Political Ideology and Status-Maintenance Goals Interact to Shape Their Desire for Luxury Goods?, by Jeehye Christine Kim, Brian Park, and David Dubois
– Format Neglect: How the Use of Numerical Versus Percentage Rank Claims Influences Consumer Judgments?, by Julio Sevilla, Mathew S. Isaac, and Rajesh Bagchi
JM Webinar Series – December 6 at 1PM EDT
– Featured topics:
· Selling the Premium in Freemium? (Presenter: PK Kannan, University of Maryland):
· How Consumers’ Political Ideology and Status-Maintenance Goals Interact to Shape Their Desire for Luxury Goods? (Presenters: Christine Kim, Hong Kong University of Science & Tech and David Dubois, INSEAD)
– Register here
Better Marketing for a Better World Special Issue Update
– During special sessions at the 2018 Summer AMA and ACR conferences, 17 leading scholars discussed what research in their areas would look like if they adopted a “Better Marketing for a Better World” perspective. Here’s what Mike Ahearne, Jonah Berger, Jonathan Berman, Pradeep Chintagunta, Darren Dahl, Markus Giesler, Rebecca Hamilton, Ajay Kohli, Cait Lamberton, Vikas Mittal, Andrea Morales, Koen Pauwels, Linda Price, Roland Rust, Jan Benedict Steenkamp, and Vanitha Swaminathan shared.
– Deadline for the special issue is June 1, 2019. Details can be found here.
Marketing and New Technologies Special Issue Update
– The Journal of Marketing is collaborating on this Special Issue with the 2019 Theory + Practice in Marketing (TPM) Conference, hosted by Columbia University Business School in New York City on May 16-18, 2019. This entire TPM conference is dedicated to exploring research on New Technologies and Marketing with the goal of improving knowledge on this critical topic and helping authors prepare for submission to the Special Issue. TPM details can be found here (Deadline: January 15, 2019)
– Deadline for the special issue is September 1, 2019. Details can be found here.
New JM Wikipedia Page: