Revisit: Consumer Brand Relationships Conference
Cancun, Mexico, 19-21 May 2019; Deadline 15 Nov
CALL FOR PAPERS
6th International Consumer Brand Relationships Conference
May, 19-21, 2019
Iberostar Cancun | ««««« All-Inclusive Hotel
Cancun | Mexico
We invite full papers, work in progress or case studies which have as a focal point the consumer’s relationship to products, companies, stores, celebrities, or countries brands. This event provides an ideal opportunity for Ph.D. students, faculty members as well as practitioners sharing their most recent high quality work with other experts in that field. Empirical as well as conceptual or theoretical works are welcomed.
The highest quality full papers from the conference will be considered for publication in the Journal of Product and Brand Management.
The following provides a list of possible topics to be discussed, but is not limited to:
- Consumer brand relationships across different consumer segments (e.g., children, seniors)
- Positive brand relationship constructs (e.g., brand love, brand passion, brand affection, brand devotion)
- Consumer retailer or company relationships (e.g., stakeholder theory)
- Brand relationship and brand personality
- Negative brand relationship constructs (e.g., brand hate, brand objection, brand dislike)
- Brand forgiveness
- Brand relationship over time, dynamics of brand relationships
- Brand communities
- Big Data, Analytics and Brand Relationship Management
- Brand attachment, attachment theory
- Brand relationship theories and underlying constructs
- The role and effect of culture on consumer brand relationships
- Brand cult and religious brands
- Consumer celebrity relationships (e.g., sports, entertainment, business celebrity)
- Consumer organization relationships (e.g., political party, sports club/teams, Universities, red cross)
- Consumer place relationships (e.g., city branding, country branding)
- Brand relationships scales
- Submission deadline: November 15th, 2018
- Notification of acceptance: January 15th, 2019
- Early registration deadline: February 15st, 2019
- Regular registration deadline: April 1st, 2019
- Conference dates: May, 19-21, 2019
• Conference venue: Iberostar Cancun, ««««« All-Inclusive Hotel, Cancun, Mexico
• Early registration fee ONLY $249 (until February 15th, 2019). The low conference fee is attributed to the fact that we organize the conference in an all-inclusive ««««« Hotel where some of the catering costs (breakfast, lunch, dinner) are included in the room price.
• Regular registration fee $349 (until April 1st, 2019).
• All participants must register and pay. The registration fee includes attendance to the event, welcome reception, breakfasts, lunches, coffee breaks, dinners, conference material, event staff, pool party.
• Hotel room price: We were able to negotiate the following prices for an “Ocean View Room”. Rates are per room/night in $, all inclusive (e.g., incl. taxes, concierge service, in-room fully stocked mini-bar, breakfast, lunch, dinner, unlimited premium and domestic alcoholic beverages, up to 2 children 0-5 years old stay for free).
o Single occupancy: $189
o Double occupancy: $258
• Note: if you stay at another hotel, you are required by Ibersostar Hotel to pay $151 per day for the “day pass” giving access to all restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner and drinks. We therefore recommend that you stay at the hotel to minimize your expenses.
We offer a limited number of travel stipends ($ 1,000 in total split among grantees) for master or Ph.D. students as well as faculty members from developing countries in need for financial support related to attending the conference. Priority will be given to accepted full paper submissions. Please mention at the end of your submission (comment field) if you wish to apply for it and why you think you qualify. Provide a detailed justification of 100-200 words which must be provided when you submit the paper.
Authors are invited to submit non-published (1) full papers; (2) works-in-progress; or (3) case studies which have as a focal point consumers’ relationships with brands.
· Full paper submissions must not be published, accepted for publication or presentation, or be under consideration for publication or presentation elsewhere. All papers are limited to max. 6,000 words (including tables and figures) excluding the cover/title page and references. In preparing for the full papers, please reference the authors’ guidelines from the Journal of Product and Brand Management (http://www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.htm?issn=1061-0421). No author information in your paper you submit, only in the online submission tool https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=6icbr
· Work-in-progress papers or case studies. Please provide an extended structured abstract of max. 1,000 words (excluding reference list), single spaced. You need to have the following sections: purpose, methodology/approach, findings, research limitations/implications, and originality/value. A reference list is required. Tables or figures should be placed in the text. Empirical work-in-progress papers should be at least in the data collection phase to be considered.
· Submissions which do not follow authors guidelines outlined above are rejected.
At least one author of each accepted submission must register, attend and present. All papers are double-blind reviewed. By submitting a paper all authors agree to review up to three papers. Authors are requested to submit their paper(s) electronically before the deadline to our online submission system on the website.
Organizer and Host