Revisit: Creating Value 2019
Second Global Conference, New York City, 14-15 May 2019; Deadline 15 Feb
[Am rerunning due to a typo I introduced the first go-round – ch]
The Second Global Conference on Creating Value
Gabelli School of Business – Fordham University
Lincoln Center Campus, New York City
May 14-15, 2019
In conjunction with the Gabelli School of Business at Fordham University, Creating Value Alliance, Customer Value Foundation and the Journal of Creating Value
“Value Creation for the Future of Business and Society”
The Second Global Conference on Creating Value invites business leaders and leading academics from around the world to exchange views and to share and learn from each other regarding how value can be created for the future of business and society. The plenary sessions, invited speakers and paper presentations will provide an opportunity for a meaningful discussion and conversation between academics and practitioners about the meaning of value and value creation opportunities not only for business and companies, but also for individuals and society at large. Different approaches to value creation in the age of disruption, innovation, technology and artificial intelligence will be discussed. The goal is to create a forward looking mindset to create, communicate, and deliver value to an inclusive set of stakeholders. Particular focus will be on social value creation through social innovation and social entrepreneurship that aim to improve the well-being of the individuals and overall society.
Suggested Conference Topics*
The Second Global Conference on Creating Value welcomes paper submissions and special session proposals on the topics that include but not limited to:
- Creating value for yourself, business and society;
- Creating value through social innovation and social entrepreneurship;
- Creating value through transformative services;
- Creating value in the age of disruptions;
- Value creation in the sharing economy;
- Value creation for employees in the age of artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Value creation and leadership;
- Value creation and organization;
- Measuring value creation and developing value creation related analytics;
- Creating value through the use of big data;
- Values as a belief, attitude and perspective;
- Values and the relationship with (organizational) culture(s);
- Value destruction and dark side of value creation,
- Challenges and opportunities of creating value at the Bottom of the Pyramid
- Sustainable and responsible management and value creation;
- Corporate Social Responsibility and value creation;
*Please note that this list is not exhaustive. We are open to any submission exploring new and emerging ideas and trends related to value creation.
- Interested participants are invited to submit an extended abstract about their research and ideas not exceeding 750 words (excluding references, tables and figures).
- The abstract should outline the importance and relevance of the topic, its potential contributions, research question(s), conceptual framework, and methodology and findings if applicable, discussion, and conclusion.
- Submissions using both quantitative and qualitative methodologies and different approaches including practitioner cases are encouraged.
- Each abstract should have four to five keywords.
- All abstracts must be in English, double-spaced Microsoft Word documents using Times New Roman 12-point font.
- At least one author from each paper must register and be present at the conference to present their paper.
- Abstracts should be submitted using the online submission link on the conference website at:
- Abstract submissions open: Oct 1, 2018
- Abstract submissions close: Feb 15, 2019
- Authors notified of outcome: no later than March 1, 2019
For details, please visit the conference website:
Gautam Mahajan, President of Customer Value Foundation, and the Editor of the Journal of Creating Value
Dr. Sertan Kabadayi, Professor of Marketing, Gabelli School of Business- Fordham University