Omnichannel Retail Environment
Antecedents or Consequences of Satisfying/Dissatisfying Experiences, Special issue of Journal of Consumer Satisfaction Dissatisfaction & Complaining Behavior; Deadline 30 Sep 2018
Special Issue: JCSDCB (Journal of Consumer Satisfaction Dissatisfaction & Complaining Behavior)
Guest Editor: Marianne Bickle, University of South Carolina
Omni Channel Retail Environment
Antecedents or Consequences of Satisfying/Dissatisfying Experiences
JCSDCB (Journal of Consumer Satisfaction Dissatisfaction & Complaining Behavior) welcomes submissions for a special issue on the Antecedents or Consequences of Satisfying/Dissatisfying Experiences
The retail landscape has changed forever. Mobile and social media have expanded how consumers search, shop and talk about their retail experiences. Manuscripts that examine antecedents or outcomes of retail experiences in the ecommerce, direct or brick-and-mortar domain are encouraged. Qualitative, quantitative and theoretical manuscripts are welcome.
Examples of topics for this special issue include but are not limited to:
- Evolution of Omni channel retailing.
- Satisfaction/dissatisfaction of consumers with word of mouth (WOM) of retail channels.
- Gender differences in satisfaction with retail channels.
- Differences among satisfaction retail environments based on consumers’ age.
- Consumers’ use of electronic word of mouth (eWOM) with retail environments.
- Retailers changing strategies in response to technology: consumer satisfaction/dissatisfaction
Directions for Authors
- Manuscripts are due by September 30, 2018. Follow guidelines located on the JCSDCB website: http://jcsdcb.com/index.php/JCSDCB. Manuscripts should be submitted to the website.
- Contact the Guest Editor, Marianne Bickle at email@example.com or call her at 803-361-0730, with questions.
About the Journal
The Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction & Complaining Behavior primary objective is to publish cutting-edge research related to the concept of satisfaction, as well as those constructs which serve as antecedents and/or outcomes of satisfying experiences. The journal seeks to promote theory development in these areas via reporting quantitative and/or qualitative inquiries, as well as conceptual. Established in 1988, the journal been the recognized leader in its field.