Revisit: SEA 2018
Sales Educators' Academy, Birmingham, UK, 15-17 May 2018; Early bird deadline 15 Apr
7th Annual Sales Educators Academy
May 15-17, 2018, Aston Business School
Sales education has become increasingly important for today’s business school graduates. Recent research reveals that 82% of all marketing majors and 66% of ALL college of business students are eventually headed for a sales-related job. While a host of conferences provide resources to sales faculty to enhance skills in conducting sales research, the Sales Educators Academy is the only annual event that exists for the sole purpose of exchanging best practices in teaching sales.
As a result of the highly successful eight-year partnership between Florida State University and Rollins College that has offered this program several times in the U.S., the 7th Sales Educators’ Academy (SEA) will be held in Birmingham, UK and will be hosted by Aston Business School in partnership with FSU and Rollins. The goal of the SEA is to help sales educators of ALL experience levels improve their ability to provide sales students with the skills and knowledge they will need upon graduating from business school.
The event typically attracts both newer educators to the sales classroom as well as veteran sales educators who are looking for new ideas and techniques. Here is the incredible lineup of facilitators, speakers, and topics for SEA 2018:
- Duncan Preston from Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) will present a talk about the skills JLR looks for in sales graduate recruits.
- Alexandra Sewell, Corporate Director from Aston Villa Football Club will make a presentation on ‘selling soccer.’ And … we will also have an executive tour of the Aston Villa Stadium!!
- Rodrigo Guesalaga from Cranfield University will present How executives (DO) learn, and how they SHOULD learn about sales
- Beth Rogers from Portsmouth University will talk about Work-based learning in sales.
- Christine Eastman from Middlesex University will present Coaching from selection to success: What part can coaching play in dealing with a contemporary recruiting and on-boarding?
- B. Tod Cox from Stetson University will discuss Lessons learned in developing a new sales curriculum.
- Javier Marcos from Cambridge University will present Teaching through real-life scenarios.
- Harvey Markovitz from Pace University discussing Pedagogy and cold calling.
- Carole Creque from University of Central Florida will present The elevator pitch revisited.
- Andrew Loring form Texas A&M will present Enhancing the student role-play experience.
- Tamara Schenk and Robert Racine from CSO Insights (Miller Heiman Group) will present on Sales enablement. We all know the importance of providing the sales organization with the information, content, and tools that help salespeople sell more effectively. Tamara will present CSO Insights’ research on this and how we might include it in the classroom.
- Once again SEA welcomes Howard Dover from UT Dallas who will present a session on Digital disruption in sales field, including a workshop on how to morph this into the curriculum.
- Amanda Helm from Xavier University of Louisiana will tell the story of a Business code of conduct and a professional ethics code for sales students.
- Kenneth Le Meunier-Fitzhugh from the University East Anglia in the UK will talk about Four selling interactions (transactional, relational, collaborative, and key account) and how to most successfully teach them.
- Philip McGowan from Portsmouth University will speak on How to teach about sales failure.
- Rushana Khusainova from Aston Business School will introduce the topic of (Re)defining salesperson motivation: adapting sales motivation research in the sales management syllabus.
If you or one of your colleagues is could benefit from this experience, please go to the conference website for more information: http://www.aston.ac.uk/aston-business-school/research/events/sea-conference-2018/.
Special conference rates are available at the Hyatt Regency Birmingham, UK for reservations made by April 15, 2018.