Platform Research Symposium
Boston, 18 Jul 2018; Deadline 31 Mar
CALL FOR PAPERS
Boston University Questrom School of Business
Sixth Annual Platform Research Symposium
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Submissions Due: March 31, 2018
We will host the Sixth Annual Platform Research Symposium on July 18 in Boston. As an active scholar in related areas, you are cordially invited to submit an original research paper. Please do not hesitate to forward this invitation to others who are currently working on research related to platforms.
The symposium will be held at the Boston University Questrom School of Business. It will run from approximately 8:30 A.M. to 6:30 P.M. on Wednesday, July 18, 2018.
Topics of particular interest include:
- Strategies for platform launch and growth
- Platform design and governance issues
- Internal organization of platform firms
- Transforming products into platforms
- How traditional firms compete or play with platforms
- Data and analytics for platforms
- Antitrust & regulation issues raised by platforms
Please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2018. Authors will be notified of decisions on or around April 15, 2018.
- In addition to 8-10 regular presentations (roughly 45 minutes each, including discussion), we will also feature 8-10 short presentations (8-9 minutes each, no discussion). The short presentations are best suited for early stage papers or nascent research projects related to platforms.
- The submitting author should be the one who intends to present the paper here in Boston.
- We will offer fellowships to those speakers who need travel support.
- For information about the symposium, including previous editions, please visit platforms.bu.edu
We look forward to seeing you in Boston this summer.
Symposium scientific committee:
Andrei Hagiu, Geoffrey Parker, Marshall Van Alstyne, Feng Zhu.