Revisit: Exploring Financial Well-Being
Special issue of International Journal of Bank Marketing; Deadline 1 Apr 2018
Special issue call for papers from International Journal of Bank Marketing
International Journal of Bank Marketing special issue on Exploring Financial Well-Being
Submission Deadline: April 1, 2018
Poor financial well-being (FWB) has been associated with greater consumer hardship. Though research shows that financial well-being is a critical factor in shaping consumers’ overall well-being, academic research on how individuals and institutions recognize its role has been scarce and largely understudied.
To meet this need, the International Journal of Bank Marketing welcomes manuscripts on the antecedents and consequences of financial well-being. The goal of this special issue is to study financial well-being within the context of financial services by applying an intersectional approach from various disciplines and diverse research methodologies. The topics may include but are not limited to:
- The role of financial literacy and knowledge in predicting FWB.
- Identifying and serving vulnerable groups in terms of FWB.
- Innovations and interventions incorporated by financial services to improve consumers’ financial well-being.
- The congruence between objective and subjective FWB.
- The role of personal and contextual factors (e.g., demographics, psychographics, external life events) on FWB.
- The development of a valid and reliable FWB scale.
- The role of FWB in consumers’ overall well-being (e.g., financial satisfaction, life satisfaction, happiness).
- The relationships between FWB and other related constructs (e.g., financial stress, financial security).
- The comparison of FWB in developed vs developing economies.
Manuscripts will be reviewed through a double-blind review process. Submissions should be made through mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ijbm to the Special Issue on Financial Well-being, by April 1, 2018.
For additional information please contact Dr. Sertan Kabadayi at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Genevieve O’Connor at email@example.com (International Journal of Bank Marketing special issue guest editors)