The Mystique of Luxury Brands
Singapore, 8-9 May 2018; Deadline 1 Mar
The Mystique of Luxury Brands Conference 2018
Date: 8 – 9 May 2018
Venue: Sheraton Tower Singapore
Hosted by: The Luxury Branding Research Cluster – Curtin University, Social Science University Singapore, and Louken Group
The Mystique of Luxury Brands Conference 2018 is an event where academics and luxury industry professionals convene to network, discuss research findings and highlight trends. Day 1 will comprise of industry keynotes, panel discussions and a networking lunch. Day 2 will comprise fully of academic presentations and research workshops, with the event closing with a reception and an awards ceremony.
Topics for the conference include but are not limited to:
- Luxury brand management
- Luxury brands in the digital age
- Authenticity vs. counterfeiting in the luxury industry
- Luxury brands and sustainability
- Premium, prestige and masstige brands
- Luxury retail management
- Luxury cosmetics and fashion marketing
- Luxury brand extensions
- Global challenges for luxury brands
- Beauty and luxury brands
- Luxury food consumption
We also welcome suggestions for “special session” ideas that will add value to the conference. Examples may include meet the editors, methodology workshops, round-table / panel discussions, etc.
Authors should submit a two-page extended abstract and the copyright release form to MLBconference@curtin.edu.au by 1 March 2018. Submissions will be reviewed by an editorial review board. Authors are assured of an expedited review process and acceptance notification so that they have ample time to make necessary visa and travel arrangements. Reviewers for the conference will judge all the manuscripts based on the general quality, clarity of presentation, and contribution to the understanding of marketing phenomena within the luxury industry. Decisions of acceptance, rejection, and/or suggested modifications (made by the Editorial Review Board and moderated by the Conference Chairs) are final.
The conference will be free for all attending authors. It is a condition of acceptance of the paper that at least one of the authors must attend the conference and present their paper. Authors may NOT present more than two papers.
All submissions must conform to the following guidelines.
- Title: No more than 2 lines of text
- Font: Times New Roman 12 pt.
- Margins: 2.5 cm all sides
- Spacing: Single spaced, with one blank line between paragraphs
- Page limit: No more than 2 pages long (excluding references)
- All submissions should be in Microsoft Word format
- The abstract should not contain name/affiliation of the submitting author
- Short abstract (150 words) with 3-5 keywords
- Main body of the paper including tables
- Reference list (APA Referencing Guidelines)
Copyright release form
Please fill the form with the required details. The paper title, author names, affiliations, and name sequence cannot be changed once the paper has been accepted.
- Submission of extended abstracts: 1 March 2018
- Final date for registration: 2 April 2018
Authors need to ensure that the extended abstract does not include any information that identifies the authors. The author details should be in the copyright release form only.
Note: Should the submission be based on research involving any form of sponsorship, the name of the sponsoring organisation should be declared on the front page of the final version submitted for publication in the proceedings and on the first page of the PowerPoint presentation delivered.