International Place Branding Association, Macao, China, 5-7 Dec 2018; Deadline 5 May
This is the first call for contributions to the Third Annual Conference of the International Place Branding Association (IPBA): Hosted by the Destination Branding and Marketing (DBM) Special Interest Group in Macao.
Please find the pdf with themes, publication plan, submission guidelines and key dates here:
We invite research papers, doctoral colloquium posters and practitioner case-studies. The conference aims to bring together scholars, practitioners and students of place branding and related fields (nation branding, public diplomacy, city branding, country branding, destination branding). The conference will host a valuable discussion around this fascinating cutting edge intersection of marketing, tourism, economic development, events organisation, heritage management, spatial design, public diplomacy and human geography.
The conference builds on the collective success of IPBA’s inaugural conference that took place in London in December 2016 (Middlesex University), the 2017 Conference in Swansea, Wales and the earlier International Colloquia on Place Brand Management (London and Aosta), the International Conference on Destination Branding and Marketing series (IFT Macao, University of South Carolina, and Swansea), the City Branding Symposia (Stockholm and Beijing), the Corfu Symposia on Managing & Marketing Places, and the Poznan Best Place Summit.
Macao (SAR China): 5-7 December 2018 Venue: Institute for Tourism Studies (IFT), Macao
- Like our Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/IPBApage/
- Indicate your intention to join the event: www.facebook.com/events/377997169319851/
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/IPBA_Conf
- Our website: www.placebranding.org
- Submission of abstracts closes: May 5
- Submission of full papers / cases closes: July 5
- Feedback to authors: September 5
- Resubmission of papers / cases: October 5
- Early Bird Registration closes: October 5
- Registration closes: November 5
- Conference: December 5-7
On behalf of the IPBA board and the DBM Special Interest Group