International Business Pedagogy Workshops
Atlanta, 31 May-3 Jun 2018; Deadline 31 Mar
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PEDAGOGY WORKSHOPS
MAY 31 – JUNE 3, 2018
An Offering of the National CIBER Network
Hosted by Georgia State University’s
Center for International Business Education and Research
*** SAVE THE DATE: May 31- JUNE 3, 2018 ***
Georgia State University’s Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) is pleased to announce the 2018 International Business Pedagogy Workshops, to be held May 31 – June 3, 2018 at GSU’s Buckhead Center, a state-of- the-art conference facility in Atlanta, Georgia.
Held since 1992 by a consortium of CIBERs (Centers of Excellence designated by the U.S. Department of Education), IB Pedagogy Workshops have trained over 1,000 faculty from around the U.S. and other countries. The workshops are designed to assist business faculty improve their practical knowledge and classroom skills for teaching international business.
Who Should Participate?
This is a unique professional development opportunity for those who: (1) have a passion for teaching international business; (2) are interested in learning about latest classroom innovations; (3) wish to update their skills and pedagogical toolbox; and (4) wish to meet and be inspired by seasoned educators who have excelled in teaching.
Watch video on participant reflections at: http://ciber.robinson.gsu.edu/msi-consortium/fdib/
- Teaching Effectiveness: What Does Research Show?
- Insights from Master Teachers (featuring seasoned IB educators)
- Instructional Technology and Resources for Teaching International Business
- Introduction to Int’l Business (Roberto Garcia, Michael Pustay, Attila Yaprak)
- International Management (Leigh Anne Liu, Liesl Riddle)
- Essentials of International Finance for IB Educators (Hakan Saraoglu)
- International Entrepreneurship (Patricia McDougall, Manuel Serapio)
- International Marketing (Erin Cavusgil, Emin Civi, Erkan Ozkaya)
- Research in International Business (Tamer Cavusgil, Seyda Deligonul)
- Teaching Pedagogy (Mourad Dakhli, Fernando Doria, Pedro Carrillo)
- Case Writing for International Business (Attila Yaprak)
- Cross-national Perspectives (Linda Gerber, Leigh Anne Liu, Piet Pauwels)
Poster Session: This session allows all participants to share their innovative classroom teaching practices with others. Top three selections are recognized with a monetary award. The submission deadline is due March 31, 2018. For more information, go to: http://ciber.robinson.gsu.edu/msi-consortium/fdib/posters/
Faculty Fellowships: A limited number of faculty fellowships is available. The deadline for faculty fellowships is due April 15, 2018. Please submit a statement addressing how attendance at the workshops will benefit you and your institution to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For early arriving participants, cultural experiences include visits to The World of Coca-Cola and the world-renowned Georgia Aquarium. ?
Application deadline for early bird admission is: April 30, 2018.
For complete description, costs, and registration information, please visit: http://ciber.robinson.gsu.edu/msi-consortium/fdib/workshops/ or send an email to email@example.com
The 2018 International Business Pedagogy Workshop is a project of the Minority Serving Institution (MSI) Consortium, hosted by GSU-CIBER and sponsored by CIBERs at Brigham Young University, George Washington University, Indiana University, Michigan State University, Temple University, Texas A&M University, University of Colorado-Denver, University of Maryland, University of Miami, and the University of Texas Austin.
S. Tamer Cavusgil
Fuller E. Callaway Professorial Chair and Executive Director, CIBER
J. Mack Robinson College of Business
Georgia State University