ANZMAC Doctoral Colloquium
Melbourne, 21-22 Jun 2018; Deadline 31 March
The ANZMAC Mid-Year Doctoral Colloquium 2018, proudly hosted by Deakin Business School, is open to doctoral students who are at any stage of their doctoral training. Entry will be competitive as the Colloquium will be limited to 25 participants. Doctoral students will present their research and receive feedback and mentorship from senior researchers.
The Doctoral Colloquium will be facilitated by leading scholars who will serve as track chairs and who have expertise in topics including consumer behaviour, social marketing, services marketing and branding.
A highlight of this colloquium is a practical workshop on meta-analysis. Taught by people who have published meta-analyses in prestigious journals, this hands-on half-day workshop will introduce participants to the basics of how to:
- Plan, conduct, and document a systematic search of the literature,
- Extract the relevant data from the papers you find,
- Convert the data you extract into the metrics required to conduct a meta-analysis,
- Conduct a basic meta-analysis,
- Test your data for basic problems of bias and heterogeneity,
- Report your meta-analytic findings.
Students wishing to present at the Doctoral Colloquium are asked to submit the following:
- A full research proposal of their study (five to 10 double-spaced pages maximum, excluding references)
- A one-page cover sheet briefly indicating the following:
- Title of thesis
- Overall research objectives
- Research question(s)
- Methodology (quantitative or qualitative and main analytic technique, if known)
- Three key concerns or questions you would like reviewers to consider when they critique your proposal
- Current stage in research journey
To submit, please email your cover sheet and research proposal to the conference co-chairs, Dr Riza Casidy and Dr Nichola Robertson, at email@example.com by the deadline of Saturday 31 March 2018. More information about the conference can be found here.