World Business Ethics Forum
Macau, 2-4 Dec 2018; Deadline 30 Jun
Call for Papers
The 7th World Business Ethics Forum
2 – 4 December 2018
Venue: University of Macau, Macau and Hang Seng Management College, Hong Kong
The World Business Ethics Forum (WBEF) was co-founded by the University of Macau (UM) and the Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) in 2006 and runs every two years on a rotational basis. WBEF provides an open platform for academics and practitioners from around the world to share and discuss ideas and issues related to new thinking and research findings in the broad area of business ethics.
The 7th WBEF will be held from 2 December to 4 December 2018 at the University of Macau (Day 1 and Day 2) and Hang Seng Management College (Day 3). Registration and welcome reception will be held on Day 1, regular sessions will be held on Day 2 and PhD symposium, poster and additional regular sessions will be held on Day 3.
The theme for the 2018 forum is “Business Ethics, Leadership and the New Economy”. We invite the submission of research papers that advance our understanding of this broad theme for presentation at this Forum. Theoretical, empirical, and clinical approaches are all welcome. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Ethical decision making in business and its impact on firm performance
2. Business ethics, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability
3. Influence of business ethics on corporate and consumers’ behavior
4. Business ethics, organizational structure, and corporate governance
5. Ethical leadership and executive compensation
6. Education of business ethics in schools and companies
7. Regulation, rule of law, and business ethics
8. Compliance of business ethics
9. Cross-cultural comparison of business ethics
10. Social culture, gender, religion, and economic crimes in business
11. Business ethics issues in the gaming industry.
12. Business ethics issues in the hospitality industry.
13. Business ethics issues in the financial services industry.
14. Case studies in business ethics.
Professor Sir James Mirrlees
1996 Nobel Laureate in Economics
Distinguished Professor-at-large, and Master, Morningside College
Chinese University of Hong Kong
Professor William Mobley
President Emeritus, Texas A & M University, USA
Professor Emeritus, China Europe International Business School
Adjunct Chair Professor of Management, University of Macau
Dr. Jonathan CHOI Koon-shum GBS, BBS, JP
Chairman, Sunwah Group
Permanent Honorary President, The Chinese General Chamber of Commerce
1. The full paper, work-in-progress paper, or extended abstract of about five pages (covering objective, methodology, major findings and conclusions) should be submitted to the Conference Secretariat via email email@example.com. Papers will be selected for presentation on a competitive basis with a double-blind review process.
2. Each submission should consist of two files: the blind copy of the paper and the cover page providing full contact details, including the author’s name, institution affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, and topic areas (up to 3 topic areas listed above).
3. Please indicate if your submission is for the PhD symposium.
4. For any question related to your submission, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection for Best Conference Papers & Special Issue of the Asian Journal of Business Ethics:
1. Quality papers will be selected for the three best paper awards.
2. For those who would like to have their paper considered for publication in the special issue of the Asian Journal of Business Ethics (AJBE), please indicate “Concurrent Submission to the AJBE” on the cover page. Only full paper would be eligible. The full paper should not be more than 40 pages in double spacing (all inclusive) and must follow the style guidelines of AJBE (website: https://link.springer.com/journal/13520).
3. All submissions will go through separate blind review processes for the special issue.
Submission deadline of papers and extended abstracts: June 30, 2018
Notification of acceptance: August 31, 2018
Early-Bird Registration (by October 31, 2018)
Regular Registration (November 1 to 30, 2018 )
On-Site Registration (December 2 and 3, 2018)
PhD students (flat rate): US$100
Prof. Jacky So
BNU Chair Professor of Finance
Dean, Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau
Macao SAR, China
Program Committee Chair:
Prof. Minghua Liu
Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau
Macao SAR, China