Revisit: Global Marketing Conference
Update on the Journal Global Fashion Marketing special issue, Tokyo, 19-22 Jul 2018; Deadline 15 Jan
CALL FOR PAPERS
Special Issue of Journal of Global Fashion Marketing on
“BEAUTY, AESTHETICS AND DESIGN IN MARKETING”
Submission Deadline of Extended Abstract: January 15, 2018
Full Paper Submission Deadline: September 15, 2018
The Journal of Global Fashion Marketing is an official publication of ‘Korean Scholars of Marketing Science’ and ‘Global Alliance of Marketing & Management Associations’. The Journal of Global Fashion Marketing will publish a special issue on “BEAUTY, AESTHETICS AND DESIGN IN MARKETING”. This special issue will provide opportunities to share research findings, innovative teaching strategies, and concept papers that explore and investigate issues related to the role played by beauty, aesthetics and design in marketing.
This special issue seeks to explore and update knowledge on the role played by beauty, aesthetics and design in consumer behavior and marketing strategy. The success of technology companies such as Samsung or Apple – offering not only state-of-the-art products and functions, but also a design-led customer experience – has highlighted the importance of design in creating mass-market successes. Designing products, which are not only functional, but also aesthetically appealing, is now seen as a prime marketing strategy, which applies beyond the luxury or fashion industry. The literature on the subject is rapidly evolving, and by nature interdisciplinary, combining elements from social, cognitive or neuro psychology.
Topics may include but are not limited to the following:
· The role played by design in successful marketing strategies
· The role played by product aesthetics in consumer behavior
· Consumers’ perception of design and aesthetics and its role in the consumer decision-making process
· The specificity of marketing beauty products
· Consumers’ perception of beauty as a distinctive product category
· Conceptual frameworks that can serve as research agendas on the topic
· Cross-cultural variations in the processing of beauty, design and aesthetics
1. Extended Submission Deadline of Extended Abstracts: Jan. 15th, 2018
– Authors should submit their extended abstracts to the Co-Chairs of 2018 ESCP Europe-GAMMA Joint Symposium on “BEAUTY, AESTHETICS AND DESIGN IN MARKETING” at the 2018 Global Marketing Conference in Tokyo to be qualified for this JGFM Special Issue.
– Submission Guidelines for the extended abstract to 2018 GMC in Tokyo are located at:
– Co-Chairs of ‘2018 ESCP Europe-GAMMA JOINT SYMPOSIUM’: Benjamin G. Voyer, ESCP Europe Business School, 527 Finchley Road, London, NW3 7BG, UK, email@example.com, Tel: +44 20 7443 8836. Prof. Minas Kastanakis, ESCP Europe Business School, 527 Finchley Road, London, NW3 7BG, UK, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +44 20 7443 8800.
2. Full paper submission deadline: on or before September 15th, 2018
– Authors should submit their full papers to the Guest Editor of this JGFM Special Issue on
" BEAUTY, AESTHETICS AND DESIGN IN MARKETING " through the ‘ScholarOne Manuscript portal for the JGFM’(http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/rgfm) to be reviewed for publication in the focused issue.
– Submissions will undergo a double blind, peer review process. Manuscripts must follow submission guidelines of the JGFM.
Preference given to submissions that:
· Accepted by the chairs of ‘2018 ESCP Europe-GAMMA Joint Symposium’
· Registered for the 2018 GMC in Tokyo
· Presented in the 2018 GMC in Tokyo
If you have questions, please contact the guest editor.
– Benjamin G. Voyer, ESCP Europe Business School, 527 Finchley Road, London, NW3 7BG, UK, email@example.com, Tel: +44 20 7443 8836.
– Minas Kastanakis, ESCP Europe Business School, 527 Finchley Road, London, NW3 7BG, UK, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +44 20 7443 8800.