CFP Deadline: October 1, 2017
Call for Presentations | Submit Work Here | JIM Special Issue CFP
In marketing, we frequently worry about endogeneity but give much less thought to exogeneity – those forces that unambiguously generate external shocks impacting marketing theory and practice, shocks that create sudden change in consumer and managerial thinking and behavior. One might ask what are the most exogenous forces in marketing today
- as social networks produce unanticipated consequences for brands;
- as previously inanimate “things” exhibit intelligence and network properties;
- as robots, embodied and disembodied, exhibit autonomy and learn judgment;
- as platforms and ecosystems upend product competition;
- as the number of smartphones approaches the human population;
- as digital data paint an ever richer picture of the customer; and
- as new analytic methods from computer science crash our marketing party.
Looking at the above list, it is clear that the most exogenous forces in marketing are precisely those that fall under the topic of interactive marketing; changing technology, computer science, and digital business innovation.
This is the inaugural year of the Interactive Marketing Research Conference, intended to be the premier conference for digital and direct marketing and a unique event of interest to both behavioral researchers and to those who leveragel data-intensive environments. The conference is further intended to support the Journal of Interactive Marketing, and to promote quality research in research in interactive marketing within the overall discipline of marketing.
Bringing together leading scholars and practitioners from Europe, USA, and Australasia, working on a variety of topics related to interactive marketing, in a highly productive environment, the event will be a small, elite gathering of academics along with a number of digital marketing practitioners working at the edge of the interactive marketing exogenous shock wave. You will have the opportunity to present your research, participate in an academic panel, or just listen and network. As the conference aims to inspire a high level of interaction and quality in a small-scaled setting, the conference is by invitation only. Interested researchers should submit their presentation here no later than October 1, 2017 (Acceptance Notification: October 19, 2017).
· Submission deadline: October 1, 2017
· Acceptance Notification: October 19, 2017
· Event: March 23-24, 2018
Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam
ASSOCIATED JOURNAL OF INTERACTIVE MARKETING SPECIAL ISSUE
Authors intending to submit a manuscript for the special issue are strongly encouraged to submit to the conference – conference submissions will have priority. In any case, all manuscripts submitted to the Special Issue will undergo the usual review process for JIM.
The Interactive Marketing Research Conference is sponsored by
- Marketing EDGE;
- Journal of Interactive Marketing, and
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
?For additional sponsorship opportunities, contact Marie Adolphe at MAdolphe [at] MarketingEDGE.org .