Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
March 23-24, 2018
Deadline: September 1, 2017
In marketing, we frequently worry about endogeneity but give much less thought to exogeneity – those forces that unambiguously generate external shocks impacting marketing theory and practice, shocks that create sudden change in consumer and managerial thinking and behavior. One might ask what are the most exogenous forces in marketing today
- as social networks produce unanticipated consequences for brands;
- as previously inanimate “things” exhibit intelligence and network properties;
- as robots, embodied and disembodied, exhibit autonomy and learn judgment;
- as platforms and ecosystems upend product competition;
- as the number of smartphones approaches the human population;
- as digital data paint an ever richer picture of the customer; and
- as new analytic methods from computer science crash our marketing party.
Looking at the above list, it is clear that the most exogenous forces in marketing are precisely those that fall under the topic of interactive marketing; changing technology, computer science, and digital business innovation.
This is the inaugural year of the Interactive Marketing Research Conference, intended to be the premier conference for digital and direct marketing and a unique event of interest to both behavioral researchers and to those who leveragel data-intensive environments. The conference is further intended to support the Journal of Interactive Marketing, and to promote quality research in research in interactive marketing within the overall discipline of marketing. To those ends, the event will be a small, elite gathering of academics along with a number of digital marketing practitioners working at the edge of the interactive marketing exogenous shock wave.
- Submission deadline: September 1, 2017
- Acceptance Notification: September 19, 2017
- Event: March 23-24, 2018
Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam
The Interactive Marketing Research Conference is sponsored by
- Marketing EDGE;
- Journal of Interactive Marketing, and
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
?For additional sponsorship opportunities, contact Marie Adolphe at MAdolphe [at] MarketingEDGE.org .