AMA Services Marketing SIG Doctoral Consortium, New York City, 21-22 Jun 2017; Registration deadline 15 Apr
Call for Participation and Travel Scholarships:
AMA SERVSIG Doctoral Consortium, New York, June 21-22, 2017, preceding the Frontiers in Service Conference
The Services Special Interest Group (SERVSIG) of the American marketing Association (AMA) is pleased to announce the 24th Annual SERVSIG Doctoral Consortium, preceding the Frontiers in Service Conference, to be held at Fordham University, New York.
The consortium is designed to help doctoral students and new faculty succeed in their careers. By promoting an intimate and collegial atmosphere, the consortium provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to interact with the field’s leading service scholars and also get feedback from them on research.
-1- Consortium PROGRAM
Besides many networking opportunities (breaks, lunch, reception), the doctoral consortium will be organized around 4 sessions:
- Kick Start and Manage Your Career (60 minutes);
- Publishing with Different Methodologies (120 minutes);
- Creating Impact Through Teaching and Service (90 minutes);
- Break-out Session: Discussing Participants’ Doctoral Research (120 minutes). More precisely, two to four doctoral students will be assigned to two esteemed faculty fellows. During this session, each doctoral student will provide a brief presentation of their selected research topic and will receive feedback from both faculty fellows, as well as the other doctoral students.
Further details can be found at:
-2- Important DATES
The consortium will begin with a welcome reception on Wednesday, June 21st, 2017 and will continue with full day sessions on Thursday, June 22rd, 2017.
- April 15th, 2017 Early registration for conference. Indicate on the registration form that you would like to participate in the doctoral consortium
- May 15th, 2016 Speaker registration deadline for conference and consortium closes; deadline for submitting the 2-4 page abstract for the break-out session to Yany Gregoire (email@example.com)
- June, 5, 2016 Doctoral students who register after May, 15th but before the regular registration deadline on June, 5 can still participate in the consortium, but only in the plenary sessions and not the break-out sessions
-3- CALL for PhD Students TO PARTICIPATE in the Consortium
Doctoral consortium participants must register for the Frontiers in Services conference and indicate in the registration form that they would like to also participate in the doctoral consortium. Doctoral consortium participants are not required to also present a paper at the Frontiers Conference in order to be eligible to participate in the Doctoral Consortium. In other words, although participation in both the consortium and the Frontiers conference is mandatory, one can participate in the consortium without presenting a paper during the Frontiers conference itself.
We highly encourage every attendee to participate in the dedicated break-out session to discuss his or her research projects with scholars who share complimentary interests. Consortium attendees who would like to participate in these breakout sessions should submit a 2-4 pages document of their doctoral research via email to the consortium co-chair, Yany Gregoire (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 15th, 2017.
Although not mandatory, participants are encouraged to share the following information in their report: topic of their PhD, and why this is important to study, theories they use or plan to use, details on data they analyze or tend to collect, their methodological approach, and a rough time line or overview of their planned studies. Depending on their own choice, and stage of the doctoral trajectory, they can either share information about one particular paper, an overview of their entire PhD, or both.
-4- TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIPS
Participants can also apply for the Liam Glynn Travel Scholarship. The Liam Glynn Travel Scholarship is generously supported by Arizona State University’s Center for Services Leadership and helps selected emerging service scholars to cover part of the expenses to attend the Consortium and the Frontiers in Service Conference.
Two to four applicants will be awarded travel grants of $500 – $1,000 depending upon the number of applications received. Current Ph.D. seeking students and recent graduates are eligible to apply. All submissions should be submitted via email to Yany Gregoire (email@example.com) by May 15th, 2017 and should include the following information:
- Curriculum vita
- Statement as to why attending the Frontiers in Services Conference would be beneficial to the applicant at this stage in his/her career
- Statement confirming that applicant has strong interest in the field of service research with supporting information (e.g. area of research)
A committee comprised of AMA SERVSIG members will select the award recipients.
Attendees are encouraged to contact the consortium co-chair, Yany Gregoire (firstname.lastname@example.org), if they have any questions regarding the event.
We hope to see all of you in New York in June!!!
Lisa Brüggen, Yany Gregoire and Sertan Kabadayi
Doctoral Consortium Co-Chairs