AMA Services Marketing SIG and Maastricht University Best Dissertation Award; Deadline 30 Nov 2016
SERVSIG would like to call for nominations for
The 2016 SERVSIG Best Dissertation Award (granted by Maastricht University).
Award, Eligibility, and Selection:
- Candidates must be doctoral students / graduates in marketing or a related field (e.g., consumer behavior, marketing strategy, operations management, organizational behavior, human resources, strategy, finance, information systems, economics, etc.) in an official university (inside or outside the U.S.).
- To be eligible, students must (have) submitted their dissertation between October 1, 2015 – September 30, 2016.
- A nominator must nominate her/his/their candidate by submitting a letter that highlights why the dissertation qualifies for this award in addition to confirming the successful defense of the dissertation (please see details below).
- An academic review committee will evaluate the submissions based on quality of the dissertation’s contribution to service research (e.g., originality, theoretical foundations, methodological execution, value of the results to service scholars and managers).
- Thanks to Maastricht University we grant one winner award of $1000 and up to two runner/s-up awards of $500 each.
- The winner(s) will be recognized at the Quis Symposium in Porto, Portugal
- The winners are asked to present their work in a dedicated special session at the Quis Symposium in Porto.
- The summary and nomination letter need to be in English, but the dissertation itself doesn’t have to be English necessarily.
- The submission deadline for this award is November 30, 2016
- Please submit the nomination letter & summary of the dissertation via e-mail to Werner Kunz. We will collect the submissions for the academic review committee.
academic review Comittee:
- Amy Ostrom, USA (Chair)
- Arne De Keyser, France (previous winner)
- Nancy Sirianni, USA
- Maria Holmlund, Hanken, Finland
- Mahesh Subramony, USA
more information about the application process on