MMA Master Scholars
The Marketing Management Association solicits self-nominations for its award in Promising Practices in Marketing Scholarship; Deadline 15 Dec 2016
MMA Master Scholar: Promising Practices in Marketing Scholarship
Call for Submissions
The Marketing Management Association is pleased to announce the MMA Master Scholar: Promising Practices in Marketing Scholarship award competition sponsored by MBAA International, Northern Illinois University, Southeast Missouri State University, St. John Fisher College and University of Wisconsin- Whitewater. This competition strives to recognize and honor outstanding marketing scholars that have engaged in innovative and impactful practices in research. The engagement of other faculty, students and/or community in accomplishing their research agenda is essential. This should be demonstrated by a history of effective scholarship and an innovative approach to conducting research.
Based on the written submissions from nominees, up to three people will be identified as MMA Master Scholar Finalists and will be so recognized at the MMA Spring Conference. Each of the finalists will be presented with an Excellence in Scholarship Award at the conference and will be asked to make a 15-20 minute presentation on their stream of scholarship. Each will make this presentation in person to attendees and the judges at the MMA Spring conference in Chicago (the live presentation is likely to be video recorded at the conference for the benefits of the non-participating MMA members). Based upon the applications and presentations, one of these finalists will be selected as The MMA Master Scholar and awarded a $1,000 cash prize. The runner(s) up will also be recognized with certificates and cash prizes of $250. In addition, MBAA International will provide the registration fees and two nights’ hotel stay at the following year’s MMA Spring Conference in Chicago for the MMA Master Scholar. Registration fees for the runner(s) up for the following year’s MMA Spring Conference in Chicago will also be awarded.
Electronic submissions (limited to nine pages) should be sent to the Competition Coordinators, Prof. Tim Aurand (Northern Illinois Univ.) and Prof. Maxwell Hsu (Univ. of Wisconsin-Whitewater), at MasterScholar@mmaglobal.org. Submissions should include the following (all at once, please):
- 1. Letter of application (3 pages max) noting:
- places and dates served and serving as a marketing educator/scholar
- summary of scholarship activities
- scholarship philosophy statement
- supporting evidence of engagement of others in scholarship activities, namely, faculty, students and community
- evidence of innovativeness in scholarship
- evidence of impact of scholarship, specifically, if the scholarship impacted businesses and communities in your region and/or students
- scholarship excellence and any honors
- contact information (phone numbers, mail, & e-mail addresses)
- 2. Condensed curriculum vitae (3 pages max)
- 3. Summary of engaging, innovative and impactful scholarship activity(s), practice(s), or strategy(s) employed (3 pages max)
- 4. Two letters of reference
The deadline for receipt of the materials listed above is December 15, 2016 (5:00 pm Thursday afternoon, CST).
Please note that making a submission indicates your intent to register for, and attend the conference if selected as a finalist.
and select Spring Conference from the Conferences tab for full conference details including the Conference Call for Papers.