J Mar Analytics
Palgrave Macmillan seeks a new editorial team for the Journal of Marketing Analytics; Deadline 31 Aug 2016
JOURNAL OF MARKETING ANALYTICS
CALL FOR EDITORS
At the end of the 2016 volume, the Journal of Marketing Analytics co-Editors, Tom Breur and Bruce Weinberg will be stepping down, and Palgrave Macmillan are seeking a new editorial team to manage the journal from 2017 onwards.
Deadline for application is: August 31st, 2016
ABOUT THE JOURNAL
The Journal of Marketing Analytics, currently in its fourth volume, is a quarterly journal which brings together applied research and practice papers in Marketing Analytics, which lies at the heart of this contemporary wave of data driven decision-making.
Data and the ability to make sense of and apply to the real world is an essential tool companies need to be able to adjust to changing market conditions enabling them to respond to new competitors in an informed approach. The Journal of Marketing Analytics features applied research papers, marketing briefings, models and hypotheses, case studies and book reviews, combined with insights from commercial best practices. Our double blind review process ensures that papers are selected on their content and merits alone, selecting the best possible papers in this field.
The Journal of Marketing Analytics aims to combine the rigor of carefully controlled scientific research methods with applicability of real world case studies making it the ideal companion for academics and practitioners alike. Academics can stay in touch with the latest developments in this field; marketing analytics professionals can read about the latest trends, and cutting edge academic research in this discipline.
We publish papers in the following research areas, but not limited to:
- Marketing strategy and tactics
- Customer loyalty and lifecycle management
- “Big Data” and data science
- Data quality management
- Multi-channel marketing
- Customer value modelling
We are seeking:
- A dynamic and committed editorial team with good awareness of the subject trends. This would ideally consist of two co-editors, with enough experience to cover a wide variety of submissions, and enthusiasm to support and develop the title.
- Networks to assist in the development of an international editorial board
- Commissioning and assessment of articles
- Selection of peer reviewers
- Evaluation and selection of manuscripts for publication, including relevance, quality control and impact
- Conference representation
Please note that an honorarium will be made available to the Editor(s) by Palgrave Macmillan.
Please provide a brief document outlining your vision for the journal, together with your academic CV (and those of any additional members of your proposed team). Some points that you may wish to consider in your application are detailed below.
- Were you previously aware of Journal of Marketing Analytics?
- Have you used an online submission system before?
- Do you believe that the subject areas that Journal of Marketing Analytics covers align with your own research and interests? Can you see any potential areas for special issues?
- Is our suggested team structure agreeable to you? If so, do you have suggested names to fill the roles? If not, how would you arrange an editorial team?
- How can Journal of Marketing Analytics fulfil the needs of its academic readership working in related disciplines?
Deadline for applications is 31st August, 2016. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in joining the editorial board, but not able to apply as an editor-in-chief, we would also welcome hearing from you.