Revisit: The Inside Salesforce
Special issue of Journal of Selling; Deadline 1 Sep 2016
The Inside Salesforce
Journal of Selling – Special Issue
Deadline: September 1, 2016
The Journal of Selling seeks submissions for a special issue focused on the Inside Salesforce. Although a growing number of companies are now relying solely on inside salesforces, or using them in conjunction with an outside salesforce, the vast majority of sales research has been conducted in the outside salesforce context. We know little about the applicability of this research in the inside salesforce context.
Topics addressed through the special issue may include but are not limited to:
- The migration of salesforce activities to an inside role gaining prevalence.
- Integrating efforts across the inside and outside salesforces.
- Buyers’ perceptions of the inside salesforce.
- The role of the inside salesforce in shaping buyers’ value perceptions.
- The inside salesforce role across various points in the buying cycle.
- The inside salesforce as a developmental tool for inexperienced salespeople.
- Best practices for hiring and training inside salespeople.
- The applicability of previous research conducted in the outside salesforce context to the inside salesforce context. (Replications of research conducted in the outside salesforce context are welcome.)
Conceptual and empirical papers are welcome, as are papers focused on practical application.
Each electronic submission should contain two Microsoft WORD files (no PDFs please). The cover page document should include the title of the paper (upper/lower case), name, position and complete contact information for each author. The other document should contain the manuscript without any author-identifying information. Manuscripts should be prepared in accordance with Journal of Selling author guidelines found at
Papers should be submitted directly to the special issue editor:
John D. Hansen, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Marketing
Director, Center for Sales Leadership
University of Alabama at Birmingham