Send nominations for the Distinguished Career Contribution Award and the Emerging Scholar in Sport Marketing Award by 1 May 2016
AMA Sport & Sponsorship-Linked Marketing
Special Interest Group (SPORTSIG)
2016 Award Nominations
The American Marketing Association (AMA) Sport & Sponsorship-Linked Marketing Special Interest Group (SPORTSIG) invites nominations for three annual awards:
1) Distinguished Career Contribution Award
This award is the highest honor of SPORTSIG and recognizes scholars who have made a substantial and significant contribution to the scientific understanding of the business of sport over a period of 10 years or more. A list of past award winners can be found here
2) Emerging Scholar in Sport Marketing Award
This award recognizes a scholar in the early stage of his or her career who has significantly contributed to the scientific study of sport and/or sponsorship-linked marketing. Award candidates can include PhD candidates who have advanced beyond the comprehensive exam (i.e., ABD status), as well as pre-tenure faculty members.
Required nomination materials for the awards described above are:
· One-page letter of nomination (self-nominations are accepted)
· Letter of recommendation from senior scholar in sport marketing (if self-nominated)
· Current curriculum vita for nominee
· Two publications (PDF) representative of nominee’s scholarship
3) Paper of the Year in Sport Marketing
Required nomination materials for ‘Paper of the Year’ award:
· One-page letter of nomination highlighting the contribution to sport marketing research and practice, as well as the full article citation (Paper must have been published after January 1, 2015 and may not be in press).
· Copy of the published paper (PDF)
All nomination materials should be submitted to SPORTSIGAwards@gmail.com by May 1, 2016. Winners are selected by past SPORTSIG award winners and SIG leadership.
Winners will be awarded plaques and recognized at the AMA Summer Educators Conference in Atlanta in August.