Twitter Matters at JAMS
The ERB voted Hennig-Thurau, Wiertz and Feldhaus (2015) the 2015 Best Paper in J Acad Mar Sci
Each year, the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science selects a paper published in the preceding year to receive the Sheth Foundation Best Paper Award. Based on a shortlist selected by the Area Editors of the top 5 papers published in JAMS in 2015, the journal’s Editorial Review Board voted to present the paper "Does Twitter matter? The impact of microblogging word of mouth on consumers’ adoption of new movies" with this best paper award for Volume 43 of JAMS. The paper is available at http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11747-014-0388-3.
The finalists for the award included:
- "Virtual interorganizational relationships in business-to-business electronic markets: heterogeneity in the effects of organizational interdependence on relational outcomes" by Girish Mallapragada, Rajdeep Grewal, Raj Mehta and Ravi Dharwadkar (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11747-014-0411-8)
- "Marketing an IPO issuer in early stages of the IPO process" by S. Cem Bahadir, Jade S. DeKinder and Ajay K. Kohli (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11747-014-0393-6)
- "One firm’s loss is another’s gain: capitalizing on other firms’ service failures" by Alexis M. Allen, Michael K. Brady, Stacey G. Robinson and Clay M. Voorhees (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11747-014-0413-6)
- "Reaching the breaking point: a dynamic process theory of business-to-business customer defection" by Thomas Hollmann, Cheryl Burke Jarvis and Mary Jo Bitner (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11747-014-0385-6)
- "Does Twitter matter? The impact of microblogging word of mouth on consumers’ adoption of new movies” by Thorsten Hennig-Thurau, Caroline Wiertz and Fabian Feldhaus (winner) (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11747-014-0388-3)
The full archive of papers published in 2015 can be accessed at http://link.springer.com/journal/volumesAndIssues/11747, and links to the individual finalist papers are included above.