AE for JSM
Emerald seeks a new Associate Editor for the Journal of Services Marketing; Deadline 10 Feb 2016
Expressions of Interest – Associate Editor
Journal of Services Marketing
The Journal of Services Marketing is calling for a new Associate Editor (AE) to be part of the team. The need for another AE is in response to the increasing number of submissions being received by the journal (on track for 400 to be received by end 2015). We are particularly interested in someone with expertise in contemporary service issues such as virtual/mobile/social media, peer sharing and blogging/vlogging.
About the Journal of Services Marketing:
The JSM is the oldest services journal, established in 1987 and has an impact factor of 0.989. It is ranked as a Q1 in SCImago, an A journal in the Australian Business Deans Council list and a 2* in the UK Business list. The journal has a rejection rate of 82% and publishes 9 issues per year with 9 articles per issue. The average monthly download is 30,401 articles.
Current Editorial team:
Co-editors: Professor Rebekah Russell-Bennett and Professor Steve Baron
- Mark Rosenbaum
- Paul Koku
- Javier Reynoso
- Connie Bianchi
- Kate Daunt
- Liliana Bove
- Johanna Gummerus
- Christian Kowalkowski
- Nick Ashill
- Lars Witell
- Piyush Sharma
- Heidi Winklhofer
- Sven Tuzovic
- Jane Zhu
- Angela Dobele
- Dominik Mahr
Associate Editor Role:
The AE role involves:
- Selection of reviewers using ScholarOne and managing the review process including recommendations to the editors for paper outcomes.
- Representing the journal at conference and events. This may involve doing a presentation at a Meet the Editor’s session.
- Providing the editors with advice on the strategic direction of the journal and operational improvements.
It is anticipated that each AE will manage between 8-10 submissions per year (including the re-submissions for revisions).
- Seniority in the field of services marketing
- Expertise in contemporary services topics
- Track record of high level service publications
- Networks in the services marketing community
- Attendance track record at major services marketing conferences and events
Please send your CV to both Rebekah and Steve along with a letter that outlines your research area, prior editorial board or associate editor roles, the conferences you regularly attend, and any services networks to which you belong. Rebekah.firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Deadline: 10 February 2015