Revisit: CIMaR 2016
Consortium for International Marketing Research, Xi'an, China, 17-20 Jun 2016; Deadline 31 Jan
CIMaR 2016 Conference (http://som.xjtu.edu.cn/CIMaR2016/)
CONSORTIUM FOR INTERNATIONAL MARKETING RESEARCH
JUNE 17-20, 2016
Global Marketing Strategies of Emerging Market Firms
Paper Submission Deadline: January 31, 2016
Prof. Kevin Z. Zhou (University of Hong Kong), Prof. En Xie (Xi’an Jiaotong University), and Prof. Chengli Shu (Xi’an Jiaotong University)
Hosted by School of Management, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an, China.
The conference theme is Global Marketing Strategies of Emerging Market Firms. We welcome submissions and proposals for: (i) completed papers; (ii) panel or special sessions; and (iii) working papers. Topics may address (but not limited to) issues such as:
- How do emerging market firms employ globalization strategies to deal with MNCs in their home market?
- What are the pertinent strategies that emerging market firms could embrace to globalize themselves?
- How do institutional, industrial, and other environmental factors impact emerging market firms to adopt globalization marketing strategies?
- How do emerging market firms leverage global resources, knowledge, and skills to compete domestically and globally?
- How do emerging market firms segment and position themselves in the global market?
- How do emerging market firms deal with institutional, industrial, and environmental barriers in the host countries?
- What strategies do emerging market firms embraces to enter, compete, and grow in the global market?
- What strategies do emerging market firms employ to overcome the challenges of entering and operating in foreign markets?
Proposals related to other contemporary international marketing topics are also welcome.
- S. Tamer Cavusgil (Professor of International Business at Georgia State University, the founder of CIMaR)
- Constantine Katsikeas (Professor of Marketing at Leeds University, current Editor-In-Chief of Journal of International Marketing)
- Julie Juan Li (Professor of Marketing, Department Head of Marketing at City University of Hong Kong)
- Mike W. Peng (Professor of International Business and Strategy at University of Texas at Dallas, previous Editor-In-Chief of Asia Pacific Journal of Management)
- Daniel C. Bello (Professor of International Business at Georgia State University, previous Editor-in-Chief, Journal of International Marketing, Area Editor, Journal of International Business Studies)
- Pervez Ghauri (Professor of International Business at University of Birmingham, Editor-In-Chief of International Business Review)
- Shaoming Zou (Professor of Marketing at University of Missouri, Consulting Editor of Journal of International Business Studies and the Editor-in-Chief of Advances in International Marketing.)
Meet-with-Editor Session & Paper Development Workshop
- We will work with Professor Constantine Katsikeas to coach authors to develop their paper for publication consideration at Journal of International Marketing
- We will work with Professor Shaoming Zou to coach authors to develop their paper for publication consideration at Advances in International Marketing.
Three Best Paper Awards
- Best Overall Conference Paper, sponsored by Xi’anJiaotong University
- Young Scholar Best Paper Award, best paper by a scholar under the age of 40, sponsored by Xi’an Jiaotong University
- S. Tamer Cavusgil Best Paper Award, best managerial paper in international marketing; in honor of CIMaR co-founder, Professor S. Tamer Cavusgil, and sponsored by Georgia State University CIBER
The author(s) of each paper will receive a U.S. $1,000 monetary award.
Cultural Experience Day
For conference attendants with full registration, we will provide cultural tours of historical sites representing ancient history of China, such as Terra-Cotta Warriors, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, and Tang Dynasty Paradise.
Please visit our conference website http://som.xjtu.edu.cn/CIMaR2016/ for details. If you have any questions or enquiries, please contact the local organizers:
- En Xie
- Chengli Shu
We look forward to seeing you in Xi’an, a city with thousands of years of Chinese history!