Revisit: Service Dissertations
AMA SERVSIG Best Dissertation Award in Service Research; Deadline 30 Nov 2015
SERVSIG and Maastricht University are pleased to announce the establishment of the new annual
“SERVSIG Best Dissertation Award in Service Research”
Award, Eligibility, and Selection:
- Candidates must be doctoral students / graduates in marketing or a related field (e.g., consumer behavior, marketing strategy, operations management, organizational behavior, human resources, strategy, finance, information systems, economics, etc.) in an official university (inside or outside the U.S.).
- To be eligible, students must (have) submitted their dissertation between August 1, 2014 – September 30, 2015.
- A nominator must nominate her/his/their candidate by submitting a letter that highlights why the dissertation qualifies for this award in addition to confirming the successful defense of the dissertation (please see details below).
- A scientific review committee, will evaluate the submissions based on quality of the dissertation’s contribution to service research (e.g., originality, theoretical foundations, methodological execution, value of the results to service scholars and managers).
Thanks to Maastricht University we grant one winner award of $1000 and up to two runner/s-up awards of $500 each. The winner(s) will be recognized at the SERVSIG 2016 Conference in Maastricht (in June 2016).
- The submission deadline is November 30, 2015;
more information about the application process on
- If you have any questions about the competition, please contact Werner Kunz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please submit the nomination letter & summary of the dissertation via e-mail to Werner Kunz (email@example.com)
We will collect the submissions for the academic selection committee.
About the sponsor: The Department of Marketing & Supply Chain Management at Maastricht University in the Netherlands, has a strong reputation in the field of Services Marketing, which has been the main focus since its inception. Maastricht University is proud to be recognized as a top marketing department by the global research cooperations on state-of-the-art service research and by the different research awards that Maastricht cherishes. The Service Science Factory at Maastricht University brings together business and academia to help organizations differentiate themselves through innovative services and to validate academic service research with different external non-academic stakeholders. Maastricht University is also the host of the 2016 SERVSIG conference from June 17-19 (www.servsig2016.com).