Revisit: GMC 2016
Conference Track and J Global Fashion Mar special issue "Behind the Glamour of Fashion, Hong Kong, 21-24 Jul 2016; Deadline 15 Jan
CALL FOR PAPERS
Special Issue of Journal of Global Fashion Marketing on
“BEHIND THE GLAMOUR OF FASHION”
Full Paper Submission Deadline: August 15, 2016
Journal of Global Fashion Marketing is an official publication of ‘Korean Scholars of Marketing Science’ and ‘Global Alliance of Marketing & Management Associations’. Journal of Global Fashion Marketing will publish a special issue on “BEHIND THE GLAMOUR OF FASHION”. This special issue will provide opportunities to share research findings, innovative teaching strategies, and concept papers that explore and investigate issues related to the dark side of fashion.
As there are many phases to fashion from ideation, design, production, distribution, sale, consumption, and ultimately disposal, there are many instances where misbehavior can occur within the design process, (e.g., designers who co-opt the designs of others) manufacturing (e.g., production of fakes, exploitation of workers), retailing (e.g., objectification of men, women and children in advertising, labor abuses), and consumption (e.g., hoarding, merchandise borrowing, stealing, buying items that are never used, retail therapy, return fraud, compulsive shopping). This focused issue provides an opportunity to bring together analyses of aspects of the fashion business that address important issues not typically the focus of fashion scholars.
Topics may include but are not limited to the following:
- Return fraud
- Labor abuses in manufacturing/retailing
- Misleading selling practices (e.g., Bait and switch)
- Exploitation of women, men and children in fashion advertising
- Consumer misbehavior during massive sales
- Merchandise borrowing
- Production/Consumption of fakes
- Historical Perspectives on Consumer Misbehavior
- Cross-cultural differences in the formation of expectations for consumer behavior in the marketplace
- Compulsive consumption
- Haul videos
- Black markets
- Consumer’s verbal and/or physical abuse toward retail employees or organizational property
- Internet deviance
- Environmental issues (e.g., waste, pollution)
- Cruelty to animals
- Design infringement
- Trade mark infringement
- Grey market apparel (e.g., over producer orders, factory rejects)
- Deceptive/misleading advertising (e.g., using Photoshop, airbrushing)
- Retail “therapy”
1. Extended Abstract Submission Deadline: January 15th, 2016
– Authors should submit their extended abstracts to the Co-Chairs of 2015 ITAA-GAMMA Joint Symposium on “BEHIND THE GLAMOUR OF FASHION” at the 2016 Global Marketing Conference at Hong Kong to be qualified for this JGFM Special Issue.
– Submission Guidelines for the extended abstract to 2016 GMC at Hong Kong are located at:
– Track Co-Chairs:
2. Full paper submission deadline: on or before August 15th, 2016
– Authors should submit their full papers to the Guest Editor of this JGFM Special Issue on
"BEHIND THE GLAMOUR OF FASHION" through the ‘ScholarOne Manuscript portal for the JGFM’(http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/rgfm) to be reviewed for publication in the focused issue.
– Submissions will undergo a double blind, peer review process. Manuscripts must follow submission guidelines of the JGFM.
Preference given to submissions that:
- Accepted by the co-chairs of ‘2016 ITAA-GAMMA Joint Symposium’
- Registered for the 2016 GMC at Hong Kong
- Presented in the 2016 GMC at Hong Kong
If you have questions, please contact the guest co-editors.