American Collegiate Retailing Association, Secaucus, NJ, 13-16 Apr 2016; Deadline 31 Oct
ACRA 2016 SPRING CONFERENCE
SPONSORED BY THE AMERICAN COLLEGIATE RETAILING ASSOCIATION
APRIL 13-16, 2016. NEW YORK/ NEW JERSEY
CALL FOR PAPERS
We are delighted to invite you to the 2016 Annual Spring Conference of the American Collegiate Retailing Association (ACRA), to be held at the Embassy Suites, Secaucus, from Wednesday, April 13 through Saturday, April 16. Competitive sessions will consist of presentations of papers that have been accepted following a blind-review process. Workshop proposals are also blind reviewed. The deadline for paper and workshop submissions is October 31, 2015 and decisions will be provided by December 15, 2015.
BEST PAPERS AND JOURNAL SPECIAL ISSUE
- Two best papers will be selected from full papers and the authors will be recognized at the conference.
- Up to six full papers will be invited to be considered for publication in a special issue of Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing*
[ http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/call_for_papers.htm?id=6104 ]
- Up to six full papers will be invited to be considered for publication in a special issue of Journal of Advancement in Marketing Education*
*Once accepted for consideration, the papers will follow the journal’s standard review process to be accepted for publication.
- Authors have two format options to submit a paper for presentation at the conference:
Option 1: Extended abstract
- – Up to 5 double-spaced pages, including references
- – Extended abstracts will be reviewed for acceptance by the co-chairs.
Option 2: Full paper
- – Up to 25 double-spaced pages, including exhibits, references, and appendices
- – Full papers will be double-blind reviewed.
- – Only full papers considered for Best Paper awards, JAME and JRIM special issues.
- – Single-spaced abstract not exceeding 100 words should follow the title
- Submit your paper as a WORD attachment
- Title Page: Name(s) of the author(s), affiliations, and the title of the paper should appear only on the title page. Identities of authors should not be revealed in any way in the manuscript.
- Body of the paper: The title of the paper – but not the name(s) of the author(s) – should be at the top of page 1.
- The body of the paper should be double-spaced and follow APA style.
- In the subject line of the email, indicate appropriate track for your paper.
- Submissions must be sent to the track chairs directly.
- Authors uncertain regarding the track to which their paper should be sent may submit manuscripts directly to ACRA2016@gmail.com with subject line – ACRA2016 submission-track undetermined.
- To be considered for acceptance, the paper/abstract or a similar version of it MUST NOT: a) have been previously published, b) have been accepted for publication elsewhere, c) be under consideration for publication elsewhere, and d) be submitted for review elsewhere during the conference review process.
- At least one author of an accepted paper MUST agree to: a) pre-register for the conference upon acceptance; b) appear at the conference to present the paper; and c) be a current member of ACRA. Non-members can apply for membership when their paper is accepted.
Workshops designed to improve teaching, research, writing or presentation skills are welcome, especially those aimed at PhD students or early-career faculty. Additionally, workshops focused on industry topics are encouraged. Workshops should be designed for delivery within a 60 minute period. Workshop proposals (should include the title, objectives, method of sharing: teaching/interactive etc) must be submitted to directly to Jane Swinney at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line – ACRA 2016 Workshop Proposal.
INVITATION TO REVIEW FOR ACRA
If interested in serving as a reviewer for ACRA, please fill out the following information at http://goo.gl/zUIrnO
Your information will be sent to the respective track chairs and if needed, they will send an invite to serve as a reviewer.
TRACK AND CHAIRPERSONS INFORMATION
Track 1: Atmospherics; Merchandising; Promotion
Sejin Ha, University of Tennessee email@example.com
Sang-Eun Byun, Auburn University firstname.lastname@example.org
Track 2: Consumer and Shopper Behavior (satisfaction, loyalty, patronage)
Heejin Lim, University of Tennessee email@example.com
Patricia Huddleston, Michigan State University firstname.lastname@example.org
Track 3: Global Retailing
Gopal Iyer, Florida Atlantic University giyer@FAU.edu
Leigh Sparks, University of Stirling email@example.com
Track 4: Sustainability, Rural Marketing, CSR
Leslie Stoel, Ohio State University firstname.lastname@example.org
Barbara Frazier, Western Michigan University email@example.com
Track 5: E-Tailing; Multi-Channel Technology; Social Media
Anita Radon, University of Boras Anita.Radon@hb.se
James Richard, Victoria University of Wellington James.firstname.lastname@example.org
Track 6: Services, Selling; HR
Chuck Gengler, City University of New York email@example.com
Jessica Hurst, Iowa State University firstname.lastname@example.org
Track 7: Pricing; Supply Chain; B2B
Ying Huang, University of Massachusetts, Lowell Ying_Huang1@uml.edu
Barry Berman, Hofstra University Barry.Berman@Hofstra.edu
Track 8: Tourism Retailing
Tammy Kinley, University of North Texas Tammy.Kinley@unt.edu
Pauline Sullivan, Rajaganesh and Associates email@example.com
Track 9: Entrepreneurship; Innovation; Retail Strategy
Carol Finnegan, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Fiorito, Florida State University email@example.com
Track 10: Retail Pedagogy
Marguerite Moore, North Carolina State University firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin Cho, New School email@example.com
Patrali Chatterjee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Archana Kumar (email@example.com)
Montclair State University
Department of Marketing, School of Business
Montclair, NJ 07043
ACCOMMODATIONS AND CONFERENCE FEE
Conference fees and hotel rates will be posted in the full conference announcement, forthcoming on the ACRA website.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR PHD STUDENTS
As a special discount, up to 10 PhD students will receive a waiver of conference fees from an ACRA fellowship. The only provisions are that A) they must pay ACRA annual dues and B) at least one of their PhD advisors or faculty co-authors must register for and attend the conference. Multiple students under the same PhD supervisor are not eligible. These applications will be reviewed and awarded by the Board.
Conference Website http://acraretail.org/
ACRA is a professional organization of members representing four-year institutions which offer retail programs and/or retail courses. The membership is made up of faculty from these disciplines (among others): business schools, liberal arts, economics, human ecology, textiles, design and apparel. ACRA’s stated purpose is to foster quality retail education at four-year college and graduate schools. It is committed to retailing pedagogy, research, and the administration of academic retail programs.