AMA Distinguished Marketing Educator
Call for nominations for the 2016 AMA/Irwin/McGraw-Hill Distinguished Marketing Educator Award; Deadline 15 Oct 2015
2016 AMA/Irwin/McGraw-Hill Distinguished Marketing Educator Award
Call for Nominations: Deadline 15 October 2015
Nominations for the 2016 American Marketing Association/Irwin/McGraw-Hill Distinguished Marketing Educator Award are now being sought. The award honors living marketing educators for distinguished service and outstanding contributions in marketing education. It will be presented at the AMA’s 2016 Winter Marketing Educators’ Conference. This year marks the 32nd annual presentation of the award.
Six criteria are considered when evaluating nominees for the award:
- General Creativity/Innovativeness
- Administrative Contributions
- Teaching and Mentoring
- Public Service
- Research Contributions
- Service to the Marketing Profession
All Marketing educators who have made sustained contributions to marketing over an extended period of time are eligible. Such contributions should take a variety of forms and should not be limited to a single professional achievement such as research or administration.
Nominations are invited from individuals and marketing departments. The nominations should be submitted in electronic form and should include:
- A letter (not to exceed four pages) summarizing the nominee’s creative accomplishments, public service, research, teaching, and service contributions to the marketing profession.
- A current curriculum vita for the nominee.
The Irwin Award Committee will select a winner from the nominations received. This year’s committee is composed of the following five individuals: Russell Winer (chair), Robin Coulter, Barbara Kahn, Tom Kinnear, and Gary Lilien. Electronic copies of submission materials should be sent by 15 October 2015 to the chair of the Irwin Award Committee:
William Joyce Professor of Marketing
Stern School of Business
40 West 4th Street
New York, NY 10012
Tel: (212) 998-0540
It is committee policy to evaluate a nominee three times – the year initially nominated and the following two years. Thus, individuals who were nominated for the 2014 and 2015 Irwin Award will be automatically considered for the 2016 Irwin Award and do not need to be re-nominated.
The previous recipients of the Irwin Award are:
- Rajan Varadarajan (2015), University Distinguished Professor and Distinguished Professor of Marketing, Regents Professor, holder of the Ford Chair in Marketing and E-Commerce in the Mays Business School at Texas A&M University.
- Leigh McAlister (2014), Ed and Molly Smith Chair in Business Administration and Professor of Marketing in the McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin.
- Robert F. Lusch (2013), Executive Director of the McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship and James and Pamela Muzzy Chair in Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Eller College of Management, University of Arizona.
- Roland T. Rust (2012), Distinguished University Professor and David Bruce Smith Chair in Marketing, Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland.
- Russell S. Winer, (2011), William Joyce Professor and Chair of the Department of Marketing, Stern School of Business, New York University.
- Richard J. Lutz (2010), JCPenney Professor of Marketing, Warrington College of Business Administration, University of Florida.
- Valarie Zeithaml (2009), David S. Van Pelt Family Distinguished Professor of Marketing, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
- Gary L. Lilien (2008), Distinguished Research Professor of Management Science and the Research Director of the Institute for the Study of Business Markets (ISBM), the Pennsylvania State University.
- Leonard L. Berry (2007), M.B. Zale Chair in Retailing and Marketing Leadership and Professor of Humanities in Medicine, Texas A&M University.
- Robert A. Peterson (2006), Charles T. Stuart III Centennial Chair, University of Texas at Austin
- Kent B. Monroe (2005), J. M. Jones Distinguished Professor of Marketing, University of Illinois.
- Jagdish Sheth (2004), Charles H. Kellstadt Professor of Marketing, Emory University
- George S. Day (2003), Geoffrey T. Boisi Professor of Marketing, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Donald G. Morrison (2002), William E. Leonhard Chair in Management Professor of Marketing, University of California, Los Angeles
- William L. Wilkie (2001), Aloysius and Eleanor Nathe Professor of Marketing, University of Notre Dame
- James R. Bettman (2000), Burlington Industries Professor of Marketing, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
- Donald R. Lehmann (1999), George E. Warren Professor of Business, Columbia University
- Barton A. Weitz (1998), JC Penney Eminent Scholar in Retailing and Chair, Marketing Department, University of Florida
- William D. Perreault, Jr. (1997), William Rand Kenan, Jr. Professor of Business Administration, the Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Richard Staelin (1996), Edward and Rose Donnell Professor of Business Administration and Area Coordinator for Marketing, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
- Richard P. Bagozzi (1995), Dwight F. Benton Professor of Marketing and Behavioral Science in Management, The University of Michigan, School of Business Administration
- Louis W. Stern (1994), John D. Gray Distinguished Professor of Marketing, Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University
- Yoram (Jerry) Wind (1993), Lauder Professor and Professor of Marketing, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- Shelby D. Hunt (1992), Paul Whitfield, Horn Professor of Marketing, Texas Tech University
- Paul R. Green (1991), S.S. Kresge Professor of Marketing, University of Pennsylvania
- Frank M. Bass (1990), University of Texas System Eugene McDermott Professor of Management, University of Texas-Dallas
- Gerald Zaltman (1989), Joseph C. Wilson Professor of Marketing, Harvard University
- Sidney J. Levy (1988), the Charles H. Kellstadt Professor of Marketing and Chairman, Marketing Department, Northwestern University
- William Lazer (1987), Professor Emeritus, Michigan State University
- Gilbert A. Churchill, Jr. (1986), Arthur C. Nielson Jr. Chair of Marketing Research, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Philip Kotler (1985), the S.C. Johnson Distinguished Professor of International Marketing, Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University