The Fine-Grained Sentiment Analysis Challenge; Deadline 3 Mar 2016
as chairs of the last two editions of the Semantic Sentiment Analysis Challenge took place at ESWC 2014 and 2015, we decided to plan in advance the activities for the next edition that will take place in Crete from May 29th to June 2nd 2016.
With this email, we want to reach all potential interested people in sentiment analysis in order to get their interest in participating to the next year challenge, and to collect feedback about the tasks that we want to propose.
You may find the document containing the first draft of our proposal —
We kindly ask you to have a look at it and to reply us about:
- your possible interest in attending the challenge;
- your feedback and eventual fixes about the document in order to produce a finalized version.
Our idea is to great a group (or a mailing list) with all interested people. We would also ask you to forward this email to all people that you know might be interested in our initiative.
Following, some information about the scientific and sponsoring part. Concerning publication aspects, we are organizing the second edition of the workshop on semantic sentiment analysis that would take place at ESWC 2016 and our plan is to have, for the contribution submitted and accepted to the challenge:
- a short presentation at the workshop and a publication in the workshop proceedings (CEUR-WS);
- a publication of an extended version as book chapter published by Springer as we already did in 2014 and 2015;
- for selected system, an invitation to a special issue on top rank journal (based on the number of submissions and of the kind of systems, 2 different special issues on 2 different journals might be arranged).
Finally, concerning sponsoring, Springer will support the challenge with an award for every proposed task. Beside this, we are working with companies interested in sentiment analysis tasks to see if there is any chance to have further special awards.
Thank you very much for your time and hope to hear from you soon.