Maynard Award Winners
Goutam Challagalla, Brian Murtha and Bernard Jaworski have won the 2015 Harold H. Maynard Award for their 2014 JM article on marketing decision making
Goutam Challagalla, Brian Murtha and Bernard Jaworski have been selected as the recipients of the 2015 Harold H. Maynard Award for their article "Marketing Doctrine: A Principles-Based Approach to Guiding Marketing Decision Making in Firms," which appeared in the July 2014 (Volume 78, Number 4) issue of Journal of Marketing.
The article was chosen for its significant contribution to marketing theory and thought.
Nominations for the award were solicited from members of the Journal of Marketing Editorial Review Board. A committee overseeing the nominating and selection process includes Robert Leone (Chair), Leigh McAlister, and Scott Neslin.
The award is presented annually at the American Marketing Association’s Summer MarketingEducators’ Conference?.
- Goutam Challagalla is Professor of Marketing, Scheller College of Management, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Brian R. Murtha is Assistant Professor of Marketing, Gatton College of Business and Economics, University of Kentucky
- Bernard Jaworski is Peter F. Drucker Chair in Management and the Liberal Arts, Peter F. Drucker and Masatoshi Ito Graduate School of Management, Claremont Graduate University
The other finalists include:
- Dynamic Effects of Social Influence and Direct Marketing on the Adoption of High-Technology Products, Hans Risselada, Peter C. Verhoef and Tammo H.A. Bijmolt (Volume 78, Number 2, March 2014)
- Marketing in Computer-Mediated Environments: Research Synthesis and New Directions, Manjit S. Yadav and Paul A. Pavlou (Volume 78, Number 1, January 2014)
- When to Take or Forgo New Product Exclusivity: Balancing Protection from Competition Against Word-of-Mouth Spillover, Renana Peres and Christophe Van den Bulte (Volume 78, Number 2, March 2014)