AMS Teaching Award
Academy of Marketing Science 2015 Outstanding Marketing Teacher Awards; Deadline 15 Jan 2015
2015 Outstanding Marketing Teacher Awards
Complete application materials from nominees due January 15, 2015.
The Academy of Marketing Science is dedicated to enhancing the professionalism of its members and the discipline of marketing as a whole. The AMS Outstanding Marketing Teacher program was initiated in 1999 to recognize and reward excellence in teaching and to provide a forum for outstanding teachers to share their classroom success with colleagues. The award program is sponsored by Cengage Learning Lamb-Hair-McDaniel.
Nominees who wish to be reviewed for consideration for an AMS Outstanding Marketing Teacher Award must submit the following items electronically by email attachment to the Chair of the Selection Committee no later than January 15, 2015.
1. A statement of teaching philosophy (limited to one page).
2. A condensed curriculum vita (limited to two pages).
3. One or two current course syllabi.
4. Two letters of support from academic colleagues (please solicit these and send them along with the other submission items).
5. One of support from a candidate’s department head, dean or equivalent (please solicit this in advance and send it along with the other submission items).
6. Supporting evidence of teaching excellence (limited to four pages).
Evidence of outstanding teaching may include descriptions of teaching techniques, examples of creativity in the classroom, evidence of student learning and achievement, application of technology in the teaching environment, student evaluations of teaching performance, and letters of support from present and former students. However, nominees may submit any material (subject to the specified page limits) that they feel provides evidence of outstanding teaching. Long-term contributions to marketing education and teaching innovations that are transportable to other instructional settings or institutions will be weighed more heavily than other evidence of outstanding performance.
A committee will review all application materials and select up to three individuals to honor at the AMS Annual Conference held May 12-15 in Denver, Colorado. The committee will forward the names of those selected to the AMS Executive Committee for a vote to approve those selected. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the review process by March 15, 2015.
Recipients of the AMS Outstanding Marketing Teacher designation must agree to attend the 2015 AMS Annual Conference. They will:
1. Receive a framed certificate and official recognition at the AMS annual awards brunch.
2. Make a 10-15 minute presentation on teaching philosophy or pedagogy in a special session at the conference along with the other award winners.
3. Publish a one-page abstract on teaching philosophy or pedagogy in the conference proceedings.
In addition, recipients of the AMS Outstanding Marketing Teacher designation will serve as members and chair of the 2016 selection committee.
Send nomination materials electronically to the selection committee chair:
Anne L. Roggeveen