Revisit: NCSM 2015
National Conference in Sales Management, Houston, 15-18 Apr 2015; Deadline 24 Oct
CALL FOR PAPERS
NATIONAL CONFERENCE IN SALES MANAGEMENT
Hyatt Regency, Houston, TX
Wednesday, April 15 through Saturday April 18, 2015
PSE National Educational Foundation, The University Sales Center Alliance, MultiView,
Wessex Press – AxcessCapon, and Routledge Publishers
NCSM is the premier international gathering of scholars, instructors, and practitioners interested in professional selling and sales management teaching and research. The conference will begin with a welcoming reception Wednesday evening with sessions running Thursday morning to Saturday afternoon. The conference will consist of a variety of special sessions devoted to sales education and connecting academia and practice. It will also include competitive sessions which consist of presentations of papers accepted following a double-blind review process. For more information about the NCSM, please go to www.ncsmweb.org or contact the Program Chair, Dr. Michael Mallin, Michael.Mallin@Utoledo.edu. All attendees will be able to register on-line at http://ncsmweb.com/call-for-papers.
In addition to scholarly research, we will highlight best practices in teaching, making this an excellent conference opportunity for non-researching faculty, as well as providing a development opportunity for everyone that teaches sales-related classes. While traditional research presentations will still be included, a portion of the agenda will be targeted at everyone wishing to develop, improve or refresh their sales teaching skills: from the person teaching a sales module in a course to someone teaching multiple sales major classes.
COMPETITIVE PAPER SUBMISSIONS. This year’s conference welcomes both conceptual and empirical papers related to all aspects of professional selling and sales management. Papers which connect scholarship with practice, and those which explore interesting new trends, directions and important developments in selling and sales management are especially encouraged. Competitive papers should be submitted electronically to NCSM Program Chair Dr. Michael Mallin at The University of Toledo, Michael.Mallin@Utoledo.edu. Please follow the submission guidelines below. Tanner, Honeycutt, and Erffmeyer WESSEX PRESS – AXCESSCAPON Best Paper Award. Authors of the competitive paper manuscript judged to be the top paper in terms of quality and relevance will receive a $500 award.
BEST PRACTICES IN SALES EDUCATION SESSION (SPONSORED BY THE UNIVERSITY SALES CENTER ALLIANCE). The 2015 NCSM will again offer this very special session. The University Sales Center Alliance (USCA) will sponsor a $1000 award to the best teaching innovation chosen from those presented at the conference. Those interested in submitting a teaching proposal for consideration should email their proposal to NCSM Education Session Chair Dr. Jay Mulki at Northeastern University, email@example.com.
Doctoral Student Sales Research Program (spONSORED BY THE PSE nATIONAL EDUCATION FOUNDATION). There will be a special competitive session for doctoral student papers (empirical or conceptual) related to any selling and/or sales management issue. Submitted papers must be authored solely by doctoral students (single or multiple authors are acceptable) who are candidates for degrees in marketing or a closely related field at an AACSB accredited university. Author(s) of chosen papers will be designated as “2015 NCSM Doctoral Fellows” and will receive a $1000 research grant award per paper. All accepted doctoral student papers will be published in the Proceedings in Abstract form. In addition, the Conference registration fees for all doctoral students, not just those with accepted papers, will be waived. Submit Electronic Copies of Your Paper for the NCSM Doctoral Student Sales Research Program to: NCSM Doctoral Student Sales Research Program Chair Dr. Brian Rutherford, Kennesaw State University, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Sessions. From panel discussions and sessions devoted to bridging the gap between sales practice and research, trips to local businesses of interest, or discussions of sales research topics, special sessions are a hallmark of NCSM. We invite you to submit your proposal for special sessions, and promise we are working on some great Houston theme-based sessions you’re going to benefit from, as well as enjoy. If you wish to submit a special session proposal, or discuss a possible idea, please contact NCSM Special Session Chair Professor Lisa Simon, Cal Poly University at email@example.com.
Hotel Accommodations Hyatt Regency, 1200 Louisiana St., Houston, TX 77002-5209, 713-375-4800. When making your room reservation, remember to ask for the special Pi Sigma Epsilon convention rate. You can also book your room online at www.pse.org, click on EVENTS, then National Convention and then Hotel.
Submission Guidelines For All Papers
(please follow closely)
1. The complete paper should be submitted to the appropriate Chair electronically in Microsoft Word format no later than Friday, October 24, 2014.
2. Please submit 2 files. The first file should contain the complete manuscript including author information (names, affiliation, address, phone, fax, and email). The second file should contain the complete manuscript without author information.
3. Papers will be reviewed using a double-blind review procedure. Authors should avoid revealing their identities in the bodies of the papers (or the word document properties). Manuscripts must include a single-spaced abstract not exceeding 100 words. The body of the paper should adhere to all the manuscript submission guidelines of the Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management. Maximum length is 25 double-spaced pages, including tables, exhibits, and references. Submissions that exceed 25 pages will be immediately returned to the author for appropriate editing.
4. Each submission will be evaluated on the importance and potential contribution of the sales topic, quality of conceptual development, sampling, methodology, and the managerial relevance of the results. Conceptual research papers and works-in-progress are highly welcome and encouraged.
5. To be considered for presentation at the conference and publication in the Proceedings, a paper or a similar version of it must not
(a) have been previously published,
(b) have been accepted for publication elsewhere,
(c) be under consideration or review for publication elsewhere, or
(d) be submitted for publication elsewhere until such time as it is rejected from this conference.
6. At least one author of an accepted paper must:
(a) appear at the conference to present the paper,
(b) return a properly formatted version of the paper (formatting instructions will be provided to the authors of accepted papers from the Proceedings Editor) to the Proceedings editor for publication in the Proceedings in abstract or full paper version, and (c) pre-register for the Conference no later than when submitting the final draft of an accepted paper(s).