ICEB Journal Workshop
International Consortium on Electronic Business Joint Journal Workshop, Tapei, 8 Dec 2014; Deadline 1 Sep
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 2nd ICEB-Journals Joint Author Workshop, Taipei, 12/8, 2014
International Consortium on Electronic Business (ICEB) will hold a joint journal workshop during its annual conference (see http://www.icebnet.org/) especially designed to assist authors who plan to submit their work to the special issues of Information and Management (I&M), International Journal of Electronic Commerce (IJEC), International Journal of Electronic Business (IJEB), among others. This is a workshop where selected editors and authors of the sponsoring journals are congregating and mingling in one place. The purpose is to help prospective authors improve the quality of their papers for submissions to these journal special issues.
Previously published Special Issues/Sections include Information & Management, International Journal of Service Industry Management, Total Quality Management and Business Excellence, Journal of Global Information Management, and Quarterly Journal of Electronic Commerce.
Selected papers will be accepted into a round-table discussion. Each table contains 1-2 journal editors serving as the mentors and 3-4 prospective journal authors. The discussion for each paper will last for at least 45 minutes and focus on how to improve the paper for journal submission. Each author can only present one paper in this workshop and is obliged to stay on the same table to give feedback to other authors. To facilitate discussion, all editors and authors must read the papers on the same table before attending the workshop. The total number of papers is limited to 30.
Full papers submitted to ICEB Conference will be considered for this workshop. The contact author of the selected papers will be invited to attend the workshop.
Workshop Fee: US$50 for each author (includes coffee break and lunch).
Conference Fee: This fee is Required; please see ICEB conference registration website for details.
Venue: Conference venue.
- SEP 1: Deadline for submitting papers or abstracts
- SEP 15: Notification of acceptance for Conference and Author Workshop
- OCT 1: Camera-ready papers and last day of early-bird registration
- OCT 15: Program schedule announcement
- NOV 20: Last day of regular registration
- DEC 11: Last day of late registration
- DEC 8: Workshop commences at 12:00pm
Workshop schedule: DEC 8 (MON), 2014
- 12:00 – 12:20 p.m. – Registration
- 12:00 – 13:20 p.m. – Workshop buffet lunch
- 13:20 – 13:30 p.m. — Introduction to the Workshop & Opening
- 13:30 – 15:00 p.m. – Round-table discussion (90min)
- 15:00 – 15:20 p.m. – Coffee break and member exchanges
- 15:20 – 16:50 p.m. — Round-table discussion (90min)
- 16:50 – 17:00 p.m. – Concluding remarks
- Deadline for submission is Monday, SEP 1, 2014.
- Full papers should be submitted online in English with Word or Adobe PDF format to: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iceb2014
- There will be a fee of US$ 50 per person for attending this workshop. This fee entitles each registrant a morning coffee reception, a coffee break, and a buffet lunch.
- In order to publish the paper/abstract in the online workshop proceedings at the ICEB website, an accepted paper must have at least one author paid ICEB 2014 registration fee and clearly identify the author who will present the paper in the workshop.
- Each registered paper may send one additional co-author to attend the workshop, but both authors must pay the Conference fees and the workshop fees.
- Each accepted paper will receive an acceptance letter from the workshop coordinator indicating the paper’s title and author name(s).
- Any author who attended the workshop will received a certificate of completion after the conference.
- Papers or abstracts which are accepted by the conference will be published in the ICEB online proceedings; there is no separate workshop proceedings. Nevertheless, the workshop information containing paper titles and author name(s) will be published online at the ICEB website.
- For copyright concern in case of the paper will be submitted to a journal subsequently, each author can choose to publish either an abstract or a full paper in the conference proceedings.
Selected best papers along with their referee reports will be forwarded to the following journals for fast-track reviews:
- Special section in Information & Management (I&M) listed in SSCI
- Special section in International Journal of Electronic Commerce (IJEC) listed in SSCI
- Special issue in International Journal of Electronic Business (IJEB) listed in EI
- Special issue in International Journal of Information and Computer Security (IJICS) listed in EI
- Special issue in International Journal of Information Systems and Management (IJISAM) new in 2014
- Special issue in International Journal of Internet and Enterprise Management (IJIEM) listed in EI
- Special issue in International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising (IJIMA) listed in EI
- Special issue in MIS Review: An International Journal (MISR) listed in EBSCO
Previously published Special Issues/Sections from ICEB Annual Conferences
This document is also available on