Fresh Thinking in Services Marketing
Fresh Thinking in Services Marketing: Contemporary, Cutting-Edge and Creative Thoughts, Special issue of Journal of Services Marketing; Deadline 31 Jan 2015
Journal of Services Marketing
CALL FOR PAPERS FOR SPECIAL ISSUE ON
Fresh Thinking in Services Marketing:
Contemporary, cutting-edge and creative thoughts.
Deadline for full paper submission: 31 January 2015
PURPOSE OF THE SPECIAL ISSUE
This special issue is to generate new thinking in the well-established sub-discipline of services marketing. We now live in a world where we have access to global markets at the click of a button, and where there is increased collaboration between customers, organizations and competitors, and a market consciousness about the importance of preserving natural resources and communities. These trends provide both threats and opportunities to service scholars and practitioners, and require new ways of thinking about how to best serve our markets.
This special issue will be the ‘maiden voyage’ of the new JSM editors and will signal their vision for the journal under their tenure. The focus of the papers is on new issues and contemporary topics related to serving customers in the 21st century; across borders, across disciplines, across markets and across sectors.
The goal is to advance new thinking and ideas in the field of services marketing that reflects trends in both practice and scholarship.
Submissions can be conceptual or empirical in nature, approached from marketing and business management perspectives. A variety of empirical approaches are acceptable (e.g. ethnographic, survey, experimental or archival research).
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- The role of services in transforming society and consumer lives;
- New methodological approaches for service research;
- Services marketing and the bottom-of-the pyramid;
- The role of new technologies and interactivity;
- Off-shoring and outsourcing of services;
- Service design;
- Co-creation and third-parties;
- The future and key trends in the practice of services marketing: what researchers need to know;
- Micro-businesses, cottage industries and the service sector;
- Social service enterprises;
- Viewing service(s) through a new lens
Papers must conclude with well-supported research directions, trends or opportunities which contribute to the development of a vibrant culture of service(s) marketing research.
All manuscripts submitted must not have been published, accepted for publication, or be currently under consideration elsewhere.
Manuscripts should be submitted in accordance with the author guidelines available on the journal home page at www.emeraldinsight.com/jsm.htm
All submissions should be made via the ScholarOne online submission system and should be made to the special issue which is identified on the submission site.
Please direct any further inquiries to the editors listed below.
- 31 January 2015 – deadline for submissions
- 7 April 2015 – authors notified of final outcome
- 7 May 2015 – Final submissions due
EDITORS AND CONTACT DETAILS
Professor Rebekah Russell-Bennett
Queensland University of Technology
Professor Steve Baron
University of Liverpool