14th International Business and Economy Conference, Bangkok, 5-8 Jan 2015, Chairs Carlos Trejo-Pech, Uree Cheasakul and John Manley; Deadline 15 Aug
Call For Papers
The 14th International Business and Economy Conference (IBEC) 2015
January 5-8 2015, Bangkok, Thailand
Hosting Institution: Assumption University of Thailand Suvarnabhumi Campus
For further information go to: http://www.ibec-info.org/2015
- Hagan School of Business, Iona College, Rochelle, New York; USA;
- Martin de Tours School of Management and Economics, Assumption University of Thailand at Suvarnabhumi Campus, Thailand;
- School of Business and Economics at Guadalajara, Mexico;
- CIBER, University of Connecticut, USA;
- College of Business, and US-Korea Business Institute, San Francisco State University, USA
- College of Business, Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN, USA
IBEC invites the submission of proposals for its 14th conference to be held in Bangkok, Thailand. The objective of IBEC 2015 is to provide a forum for intellectual discussion among scholars and practitioners. We seek to provide a platform to analyze the strategic challenges faced by firms, educators, governments, and other institutions in the global arena. Theoretical and/or empirical articles and case studies related to international business and / or economy are welcome for submission.
- Early submission Deadline: August 15th, 2014
- Submission Deadline: September 30th, 2014
Proposals will be reviewed on a continuous basis so we can have acceptance (or not) answers to the authors as they are reviewed. We will try to answer faster to those submitting before the early submission deadline.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE:
You are invited to submit either an Extended Abstract or a Completed Manuscript of research papers or teaching case studies for presentation at the conference.
An extended abstract should contain: 1. Background & Problem Statement; 2. Objectives, 3. Methods / Procedures; and 4. [Expected or Preliminary] Results & Conclusions. No specific structure is required for complete papers. We, however, recommend papers not to exceed 30 pages (Tables and Figures included). Formatting guidelines for either extended abstracts or complete articles provided in the conference website.
Proposals should be written in English. Submissions will be peer reviewed, acceptance being based on quality and relevance. Reviews are estimated to be sent within 30 days of submission. We will try to answer faster to those submitting before the early submission deadline.
Proposals should be submitted via the conference web site: http://www.ibecinfo.org/2015/. To submit, you also need to “Register for IBEC 2015” at the website. Within two days of submission you will be contacted to acknowledge your submission. If you do not hear from IBEC after two days, contact the editor-in-chief or any of the editors.
Awards and Journal Related to the Conference:
Best paper awards will be given to competitive papers upon the recommendation of Editors. Around five best paper awards–best in several disciplines are given every year. Outstanding Award Papers may be considered for publication in the Journal of International Business and Economy (JIBE) http://www.ijibe.org/, ISSN 1527-8603. JIBE is published by San Francisco State University and The Institute for Industrial Policy Studies, and is included in Cabell’s Directory: Economics and Finance. The decision to publish best award papers in JIBE will be made by the Editor-In-Chief of the journal, after reviewing the quality of the articles.
Executive Committee for IBEC 2015:
- Carlos Trejo-Pech (Co-Chair), Universidad Panamericana at Guadalajara, Mexico [email@example.com]
- Uree Cheasakul (Co-Chair), Dean, Martin de Tours School of Management and Economics, Assumption University, Bangkok, Thailand [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- John Manley (Chair Emeritus), Iona College, New York, USA [email@example.com]
- John F., Manley, Professor, Iona College, New York, USA [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Theingi, Hla, Assistant Professor, Assumption University, Bangkok, Thailand [email@example.com]
- Carlos Trejo-Pech, Professor, Universidad Panamericana at Guadalajara, Mexico and Visiting Scholar in the Center for Food and Agricultural Business, Purdue University, USA [firstname.lastname@example.org
] Editors (in alphabetic order according to last names):
- Fang, Jianing, Associate Professor, School of Management at Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY, USA [email@example.com]
- Gevorkyan, Aleksandr V., Assistant Professor, The Peter J. Tobin College of Business at St. John’s University in New York City, USA [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Heiman, Bruce, Associate Professor, San Francisco State University, CA, USA [email@example.com]
- Kyaw, NyoNyo, Associate Professor, Hagan School of Business, Iona College, New Rochelle, NY,USA [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Manley, Robert, Professor and Dean, Dowling College, NY, USA [email@example.com]
- Morote, Elsa-Sofia, Professor, Dowling College, NY, USA [MoroteE@dowling.edu]
- Ngienthi, Wanida, Assumption University, Bangkok, Thailand [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Noriega, Fernando, Professor of Economic Theory, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, Mexico City, Mexico [email@example.com]
- Rojas, Omar, Associate Professor, Universidad Panamericana at Guadalajara, México [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Strach, Pavel, Professor and Vice-Rector of International Relations, Škoda Auto University, Institute of Management and Marketing, Czech Republic [Pavel.Strach@skoda-auto.cz]
- Tangjitprom, Nopphon, Assistant Professor, Assumption University, Bangkok, Thailand [email@example.com]
- Thach, Sharon V., Professor, College of Business Administration, Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN, USA [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Web Page Chair:
- Tomáš, Kincl, University of Economics in Prague, Czech Republic [email@example.com]
IBEC Proceedings Chair:
- Vincent, Calluzzo, Dean Hagan School of Business, Iona College, USA, [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Senior Executive Committee Members:
- Jay, Kang, San Francisco State University, USA [email@example.com]
- Ameeta, Jaiswal-Dale, University of St. Thomas, Minnesota, USA [firstname.lastname@example.org]