ACR Early Career Award
ACR members are invited to nominate candidates for the ACR Early Career Award for Contributions to Consumer Research; Deadline 15 Jun 2014
ACR members are invited to nominate potential candidates for the ACR Early Career Award for Contributions to Consumer Research. This award will be presented at the Awards Luncheon at the ACR (2014) Annual Conference in Baltimore, Maryland in October. The award, launched in 2010, is given annually to honor the contributions of one or more consumer behavior researchers who received their PhD between 5 and 8 years prior to the year of the award.
Details of the process for conferring this award are as follows.
Each year, the ACR President appoints a panel of ACR members to serve as selection committee. The panel solicits nominations from the ACR membership, and selects one or more recipients of the award for their scholarly contributions to the field of consumer research. Criteria to be used to determine contribution include innovation, methodological rigor, and both current impact and future potential to substantially advance our understanding of consumer behavior. Once nominated, the nominee will automatically be included in the consideration set for the award for the subsequent two years without the need for re-nomination.
Recipients of this award must be ACR members in good standing and should have obtained their doctoral degree between 5 and 8 years prior to the year of the award. Therefore, for the award presented at the 2014 ACR conference, recipients must have received their PhD sometime between 2006 and 2009.
To nominate a candidate the ACR Early Career Award for Contributions to Consumer Research, nominators should provide:
- A letter of nomination (two pages maximum length; self-nominations are also acceptable). The nomination letter must come from someone not serving on the nomination committee.
- A current vita for the nominated scholar
- No more than three reprints representative of the nominee’s contributions.
- All material needs to be submitted electronically.
This year’s selection committee consists of Rohini Ahluwalia, Jennifer Argo, Robert Kozinets, Aparna Labroo, and Dilip Soman.
ACR members are requested to help identify potential candidates for the award by
sending nominations to the chair of the committee, Jennifer Argo (email@example.com) before June 15, 2014.
Thank you for your input on this important award.
- 2010: Jennifer Argo & Kristin Diehl
- 2011: Eduardo Andrade
- 2012: Jonah Berger
- 2013: Kelly Haws & Cait Lamberton
Award Committee History:
- 2010: Gavan Fitzsimons (Chair); Jennifer Aaker; Susan Broniarczyk
- 2011: Michel Pham (Chair); Valerie Folkes; Stephen Nowlis
- 2012: Hans Baumgartner (Chair); Meg Campbell; Priya Raghubir
- 2013: Joan Meyers-Levy (Chair); Rebecca Hamilton; Joe Nunes; Hope Schau; Patti Williams